Gridding

ehtaylor

If there are no grid positions on the track due to rain or whatever I suggest we organize ourselves into the proper position before we get on the track and stay in that position during the warm up lap.

sand.man

If there are no grid positions on the track due to rain or whatever I suggest we organize ourselves into the proper position before we get on the track and stay in that position during the warm up lap.

No.

Some people like to be lazy on the warmup, some like to get their brakes hot... Some are much faster than others, some are on the correct tires for the conditions and others are not. It won't work.

Dave86

There should be grid positions painted for round 4 this coming weekend. I know there were issues with grid sheets due to problems with the registration system last round, with a bit of luck things should go smoother this weekend.

ehtaylor

I knew where to grid the person gridding us was confused.
You seem to be confused as to what I am talking about sand man.
I look forward to your next constructive comment.

sand.man

If everyone knows where to grid themselves what's the issue?

The only problems I noticed last round was a guy gridding in my spot and needing to be told to move

DEFBOY35

there was some confusion for the 600sbk race as the last couple times i had checked the sheet it had me in a certain spot, but then it changed sometime before the race., when i missed the warm up lap and pulled up to the grid someone was where i had thought i was supposed to be. procedure had me put up hand to wave something was up, it got sorted as quick as possible and we started.

i did not notice the usual pit board before we left the hot pit for the track though this last round.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
These comments will all be taken into consideration. We will hopefully have the registration mix up sorted which will help and our volunteers do a pretty good job with what they're given. Grids should be marked for next round anyways. I really don't see there being much issue on this for round 4. Always check the board right as you go on track and if anything looks wrong put your hand up as you approach the line. If we work together it should be fine.

WRrider

For what it's worth, I've been finding it very confusing. I've been unable, on a couple of occasions, to see the board while entering the track for the practice lap. I've had my hand up prior to the start of the race and I've been overlooked.
I've also gone out knowing my grid placement only to find that there were no numbers or the grids were washed away. (I've started myself from the last row so as not to hold anyone up..)

If they number grids are painted on, all should be fine. (I realize the bugs are still being worked out.)

JDstealth

These comments will all be taken into consideration. We will hopefully have the registration mix up sorted which will help and our volunteers do a pretty good job with what they're given. Grids should be marked for next round anyways. I really don't see there being much issue on this for round 4. Always check the board right as you go on track and if anything looks wrong put your hand up as you approach the line. If we work together it should be fine.

This works as long as we have a board pre race, both my races last round there was no board. This is the best system since grids change prior to race starts. I talked with the volunteer both times and had no issues however some people may have went with a grid sheet that changed.

Goatse

This works as long as we have a board pre race, both my races last round there was no board. This is the best system since grids change prior to race starts. I talked with the volunteer both times and had no issues however some people may have went with a grid sheet that changed.

Our 'usual' volunteer who runs the track entrance was not there for Round 3. So we'll make sure (and I'll personally make sure) that for future race rounds, the gridding board will be held up (like usual) at the track entrance for riders to see their gridding positions.

The new track is constantly throwing us curve balls that we just weren't used to dealing with at Stratotech. Things are done differently all over the place and when hopping on one issue that pops up, there have been times that others have been overlooked. It's a learning experience for all of us, but we are doing just that - Learning from it all. Things will consistently be running smoother and smoother as time goes on. We are moving forward, and we are taking notes on all of the racer's concerns.

ehtaylor

As I stated to begin this thread we racers can help out by organizing ourselves and staying in position on the days that require it. Personal preferences need to take a day off in that circumstance. If your on the wrong tire grid at the back.

ehtaylor

Yeah , way better to sit on the grid with cooling tires while they sort it out. It's called working together , everybody keeps the pace up and stays in position. I am done with this.

Spooner

As I stated to begin this thread we racers can help out by organizing ourselves and staying in position on the days that require it. Personal preferences need to take a day off in that circumstance. If your on the wrong tire grid at the back.

This thread quickly went off the rails. You should all know better than that!

The order of all racing in all motor sportss of forms, is to go by the grid that is posted well before the races. We should also and most times do, have a secondary board at pre-grid so you can double check your position. If racers get mixed up or the stager has an issue, we will just have to wait and be patient.

We as the exec and volunteers do make mistakes and not everytime have it in good order. Please remember that we never had any issues with gridding at Stratotech, but also, we had many, many years of practice.

As others have said. We will have grid boxes and numbers painted out (weather permitting) Friday night ready for round 4. The only thing we as racers can do is make sure that you know where you are supposed to grid, and the exec will be trying our damn hardest to make sure that the grid stager is working off the same paperwork that you where looking at.

Again, please have patience. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is our new track venue.

Thanks,

~Scott

DMesher

I too was struggling with the gridding last race weekend, in particular the lack of grid positions marked on the surface (after the first rain), the confusion of the poor volunteer that was trying (unsuccessfully) to marshal everyone correctly and the lack of time from the start of the first wave to the start of the second. I think in every case I gridded behind my actual position because someone was in my spot.

If there aren't grid positions painted on surface for round 4, can we get a more permanent marker just off of the surface (cone etc.) to at least tell us where the start of the second grid is located. In every case I knew my position but was waiting for the volunteer starter to identify where I should be relative to the myriad of possible starting positions.

As stated previously, everything about Castrol it is a work in progress, and once the grid positions are painted, 95% of the problems will disappear, since everyone checks the grid sheets prior to getting on track (the starting position board is just for confirmation) :).

Imagine the frustration if we had to wait for everything to be 'perfect' before we had our first race after StratoTech......

Fireman

I am currently waiting confirmation that the grid can be painted on thursday. Hopefully I will know today.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I am currently waiting confirmation that the grid can be painted on thursday. Hopefully I will know today.

If not, Dana and myself will work together to ensure proper pre grid boards are displayed before the races. I will also place a cone or cones (depending on availability) to indicate the start of a row. Whatever we decide on I will be announced in the riders meeting. Hopefully this will solve all the confusion guys! Let's work together.

Fireman

Just received confirmation that we can get a painted grid into the ground at Castrol on Thursday evening.