Bottle bag program

Jason Henton

As I understand it, the club is going to try the bottle bags that were left behind from the CSBK weekend. I have a friend who runs a recycling business, Clean Conscience Recycling, In Sylvan Lake. I have contacted her to see if she would be interested in helping fill some of the bags. She has expressed interest, but thats as far as things have gone so far. I understand a lot of the club members are saving their recycling to fill the bags. I would hate to ask for her to save a bunch of materials for us and then end up with no empty bags to put it in. So this leaves a few questions and problems that would need to be sorted out. First would be, How many bags do we have, and do we plan on getting any more this year? How many of these bags do we think we have filled already? Second, I currently have no truck, and she is already extremely busy with her current affairs. So is their anyone who could help with cleaning and transport of the containers from Sylvan lake to the track (or wherever we are going to be storing the bags)? Once my truck is back running, I would be willing to assist in this aspect, but currently I have no idea as to when that will be.

yak

Hi Jason

I don't know what has been saved by all the members but my best winter guess is as follows.

We have about 2 dozen bags that are probably 4' x 4' x 4'. In other words we have ~1500 cubic feet of bags to fill (42,000 liters).

If people post up their current collection of 4 liter containers on hand we can get a better view of the status of this project: target 10,000 four liter jugs.

Cheers

blam

Administrator
10,000 is a lot of jugs....

i have about 4....

if we are a long ways from hitting the target, I can ask the shop downstairs to keep some. we go through quite a bit for our fleet I imagine.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
10,000 is a lot of jugs....

i have about 4....

if we are a long ways from hitting the target, I can ask the shop downstairs to keep some. we go through quite a bit for our fleet I imagine.

My work has been great and helped me collect a bunch of empty jugs. I fill about one 4'x4'x4' bag a week.