Opinions on Sidi boots

Jason Henton

Doing a little research on boots and I like the fact that the Sidi boots are rebuildable. Anyone have some insight on their lineup? Know why the Vortice isnt sold in Canada? I am a 10 1/2 EEE (work boot) and find most brands fit really narrow and are hard to pull on. Are the Sidis the same? Is their sizing accurate? Any local shops carry a variety or is online best way to go?

Last edited:

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I can't offer any help on the sizing question, but I can comment on your mark about narrow fitting shoes.
I have a bit of a wide foot and I could barely get into Sidis. They fit very narrow. It's best to try them on before purchase if possible.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
They are very protective.... But more like ski boots. Don't expect to be able to walk around the pits without getting blisters of sore feet. And they take a long time to put on and off.
That's my experiences...

Jason Henton

Ok thanks for the replies, Sounds like I need to find a retailer and try them on. What kind of boots are you guys running that allow for a wider foot? Im currently using Gaerne, and will probably go with them again if the Sidi doesnt pan out. Only complain I have had is that the sole is wearing out and they are impossible to find a canadian retailer for.

You absolutely have to try on a boot before you buy it. Especially with your freaky EEE samsquanch feet. :p

I wear an E boot, and the TCX line feels roomy. Raced in them, crashed in them, and recently long touring rides, no complaints. Something to try.

My Alpinestar MX boots are too narrow. Gets uncomfortable around the 2 hour mark, but damn it feels good taking them off. Almost better than a cold beer after a long moto.

bgo62

im currently running the Sidi's and yes they are a slim fit but that works for me . I just purchased a set of Dainese and they are a wider fit ...

blam

Administrator
i run sidis, but i have slim flat feet and they fit me well.

i have the Sidi Vertigo. they didnt ake too long to break in and I can walk around in them all day, but they arent comfortable to do so.

they feel good on the bike, however, they have a velcro flap on the inside that can catch on your rearsets. thats my only gripe.

JDstealth

They are very protective.... But more like ski boots. Don't expect to be able to walk around the pits without getting blisters of sore feet. And they take a long time to put on and off.
That's my experiences...

This was true with the Vortice's, however the new Mag 1's are possibly one of the easiest boots to put on/take off the magnetic clips are genius. They have carbon fiber support inside rather than exterior bracing and are extremely light and more flexible than previous years. I have only used them at a couple trackdays so far but they are fantastic, one other thing to note is the sole is stiff which I like but is a different feel if you are used to softer soles.

Plus they look amazing... http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3919&idcategory=4