Rider insurance coverage

Dave86

Finding personal injury insurance that covers racing is difficult (the only coverage I've found in the past has been travel insurance for trips to the US), but a student in this year's race school works for a company that offers policies that do cover racing incidents, and he's agreed to having his info posted if anybody is interested in contacting him for details:

Ralph Gardner
Combined Insurance

DMesher

Alberta Health covered all of the costs associated with the hospital visit at the track and later for the full hospital visit (x-rays, crutches, meds etc. etc.) in Groningen, Holland after the high-side at Assen (even though I have comprehensive corporate insurance that covers me when I travel, I never used it).

Darel

DEFBOY35

Cinder

That insurance has recently seen a 400% increase. It will now cost you 300$/ person for a single trip.

I re-did the quote and last time i paid $230...now it's $540 for the same... so 100% increase. Shitty, what is the justification behind this increase ? anyone knows ?

DEFBOY35

Not sure. They have not responded to any emails asking why?

I have gone with another insurance company out of the states that will offer Canadians coverage.
Just waiting to see how it all is before posting up. But so far so good.

It's a company started by a former pro road racer. The broker I spoke with on the phone was very helpful though and wanted to make sure I have everything I needed answered.

electrobiker86

Not sure. They have not responded to any emails asking why?

I have gone with another insurance company out of the states that will offer Canadians coverage.
Just waiting to see how it all is before posting up. But so far so good.

It's a company started by a former pro road racer. The broker I spoke with on the phone was very helpful though and wanted to make sure I have everything I needed answered.

Thanks again for the info Shane, definitely adds some cost to the trip, wonder if they would do a "group" discount....

electrobiker86

I re-did the quote and last time i paid $230...now it's $540 for the same... so 100% increase. Shitty, what is the justification behind this increase ? anyone knows ?
Just speculation but USA health care is all up in the air right now and already expensive. 100,000 doesn't go far in the hospital there.

M87

Because I always leave things to the last minute I have been using TUGO through ATB most of this year but after watching the first Round of CSBK I decided to contact Dalton Timmis Insurance since they are on a sponsor of that series. The bad news is that they use TUGO so it's still pretty pricey (I have a $5000 deductible to keep the price from being too ridiculous) the good news is they have an office in Edmonton.
The guy I talked to is Marvin Sotto 780-851-9120 I figured since I was going to buy it anyway I might as well deal with a company that supports road racing in Canada.
Maybe I should have talked to Shane's guy but...

DEFBOY35

Because I always leave things to the last minute I have been using TUGO through ATB most of this year but after watching the first Round of CSBK I decided to contact Dalton Timmis Insurance since they are on a sponsor of that series. The bad news is that they use TUGO so it's still pretty pricey (I have a $5000 deductible to keep the price from being too ridiculous) the good news is they have an office in Edmonton.
The guy I talked to is Marvin Sotto 780-851-9120 I figured since I was going to buy it anyway I might as well deal with a company that supports road racing in Canada.
Maybe I should have talked to Shane's guy but...
How much has it been per trip mike with the high deductible?

DEFBOY35

Do not much less than the 300$ that tugs wanted before with a low deductible
The ridersurance place is the way I will go from now on until there is a reasonable Canadian option.

It's too bad , I'd like to support those who support our sport but not at the rates they are trying to nail us for.