Dunlop tires EMRA 2017

majikx

Wanted to let everyone know that ZBM racing will be working with Dunlop this year... we are going to try and supply the EMRA paddock with Dunlop tires!.
This isn't something we intended, but we are committed to working with everyone and Dunlop and will be helping all riders on Dunlop's with suspension set-up and tire compounds, pressures and such.
We will be putting an initial order in this week coming, so if you need or want tires for the first round or two you will need to let us know. If you order on this initial order we will have some special pricing available.

We cannot guarantee that we will have enough tires to supply everyone that wants them, so we urge you to please please email, text, pm, find me on Facebook, and let me know what you need/want and we will work with you to make sure that you have tires.

Please let anyone that you know who wants Dunlop's to contact me.

Mike Zottmann

majikx

Yes to clarify.. we WILL be doing tire changes at the track... and again our first order will be going in by weds this week to ensure we have tires for first round... if anyone needs some please get ahold of me... we will NOT have a ton of extra sets kicking around and we cannot order for each round as needed, everyone will need to think ahead a bit, but if we know we can plan... we want to help everyone but we can't stock like Scott did last year..

Mike

Last edited:
hey mike i will be running dunlop this year

ill be expert superbike so ill need what the champ is using :)

probably slicks .....

majikx

Sorry guys, I have been asked a few times about pricing/taxes, as I am getting charged GST on these, so it was supposed to be 410 plus GST, however ZBM will eat half the GST and put the pricing at 420 tax in and install included.
We are not looking to get rich off this, and any tire guy can tell you that.
Thats $400 a set and $20 install.. Best pricing on Dunlops in Canada and best pricing by a long ways in EMRA.

As far as compounds go, please feel free to PM or message me, and we can discuss the new compounds that are out this year and changes to last years compounds.

Thanks
Mike

mdonohue

Should I dare to ask what happened to Scott and Empire? His facebook page is gone, so I'm guessing he's out of the tire game...?

Fireman

Should I dare to ask what happened to Scott and Empire? His facebook page is gone, so I'm guessing he's out of the tire game...?

Scott just became tired of doing tires as it requires alot of work, especially if you are looking to race. You will still see him on the EMRA grid this year, just with alot more time on his hands.

Goatse

Damn.... I'm a Pirelli guy, but those prices are pretty tough to pass up. I might have to give the Dunlops a shot.

majikx

We are not making very much on these, we are just trying to keep options open for racers out there, as we know that it is already super expensive to race, and I personally don't believe race tires should cost an arm and a leg. They are the most important part of racing, and Id rather help someone get a set, then try to make do with an old set and crash trying to get more life out of them.

I really want to thank everyone that has ordered for the first round, we are well over half way sold out, and rains are completely gone.

See you all at the track soon!!

majikx

Big thanks to the guys that got a hold of me, at this point we just put in our final pre order for the first round. we are down to a handful of rears and a couple front slicks.

majikx

Thanks to all the guys that thought ahead and got their tires ordered. We have put in the last bit of tires for the first round and we are sold out other then a couple of sets of slicks.

We will have an order form at the track for the 2nd and 3rd round double header. Make sure you stop by and fill it out so that we have them for the next round!.

Again, we would like to stress that we are going to do the best we can to keep everyone on fresh skins, however we are not just a vendor that is stocking tires. We are racers that have our own programs going and budgets, and stocking a ton of tires just isn't in the budget.

Other big news is that we are working with Dunlop and will have a new compound for the double header weekend, and as well we have be in close contact with Dunlop North America and have solutions to some if not all the issues that guys were experiencing last year!

See you all at the track.

Mike

Spooner

Five years doing tires was enough for me. Not the way I would have liked to leave the paddock, but life is always full of challenges.

Big Thanks to ZBM to taking over where, I failed. I know Mike, Pete and Trevor will do the club (& Dunlop) proud.

~S

majikx

Scott you did not fail anyone... don't ever feel that.. life changes and it never stops moving. You worked your butt off for the riders and I hope everyone sees that!

I have to admit, now taking over this we have a new appreciation of what these guys go through.

It's hard enough trying to put together a race program for yourself and then add on trying to think ahead for 50 other guys to make sure that they will have tires ismy easy..

On behalf of myself and my team I want to thank Scott for years of service and effort he put in.

Looking forward to seeing you reach new personal race goals and having fun again Scott, see you at the track!!

ZBM Racing
Mike
Pete
Trevor
Scott

S-african

Agree with Mike,
Scott was a great addition to EMRA racing, and I hope no-one buys his RSV so he has to race it!
Thanks for the years of Service Scott!

majikx

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up, we are almost completely sold out. We have a couple sets of rains... and 2 sets of slicks left, and a few med compound rear slicks.

I hate to have to turn anyone away, but I want to give everyone the heads up so that they plan for this weekend.

We will have an order sheet posted up in our tents, and I ask that everyone that needs tires for rounds 2-3 (Double header), mark down what you need/want and for sure you will have it.

I want to thank everyone so much for trying to get in early and get ordered.

Mike

DEFBOY35

Thanks to zbm for stepping up to take on this endeavor. From the few conversations I have had with scott it is definitely a big effort!!