Need Help Loss key 2006 Yamaha R6S how to Bypass Immobilizer , have a key hand cut by locksmith

Jerick

Bike bought use NO RED KEY and Lost last Black key

So far :
Locksmith Already have a turning key
No start

Yamaha dealer said need $2400 new ignition/ECU

Advise on way to bypass Immobilizer please help .

Jerick

Advice would be to prove ownership at a Yamaha dealer and never lose your keys again.

They said I can’t if I don’t have red key for programming the ECU so they told me I have to buy the whole new ignition key set for gas tank / rear seat and ignition with ECU $2400 .

I even called Yamaha Canada apparently they won’t give any info for confidentiality

I’m lost here bike is cranking just won’t start and got error 51 on the dash

macbayne

Go to the R6 forum to get more answers, but they will pretty much say the same as what has been said here.

Google Flashtune.

Jerick

Go to the R6 forum to get more answers, but they will pretty much say the same as what has been said here.

Google Flashtune.
I’ve been researching for like 2 weeks now about this Immobilizer and visited a lot of forums and still no luck , there’s gotta be a way (cross finger) to bypass it and if you can suggest anybody that does flash tune I can look in to that as well

JSeal52

What about a key switch eliminator and then run a switch somewhere hidden? Not sure if it would solve your problem or not but they dont use the key at all after it is installed.

Jerick

What about a key switch eliminator and then run a switch somewhere hidden? Not sure if it would solve your problem or not but they dont use the key at all after it is installed.
Have you done this modification? I currently bought a Emulator gonna try it and see if it works but I have someone as well trying to flash the ECU hopefully this week I’ll find out but any other cheaper alternative is great since the bike is not worth a lot anymore

simpletty

Yamaha does not keep keys and have no way of cutting and encoding new ones for your bike. I have found a place in the UK that will cut you a red key and two black ones, along with encoding your ecu to those keys. http://www.motomatrix.co.uk/
they will take care of it for you

adamb

I had a friend that ran into this. After all of his research he was left with the options listed above:
- buy the woodcraft ignition bypass harness
- have motomatrix bypass the ignition

Jerick

Thanks guys for the advices ,

Lightspeed innovations in Red Deer with Cameron did awesome job disabling the Immobilizer and now I can run any cut keys for it.

Would recommend the guys there for tuning and same problem solutions