TRANSPONDER QUICK START GUIDE

blam

Administrator
Hey everyone.

the transponders can be tricky to understand so I'll try to make this as easy as possible.

there are really 4 things you need understand
1. firmware and subscription
2. what do all these damn lights mean.
3. placement
4. Battery - DO NOT USE APPLE WALL PLUGS

1. your transponder needs a yearly subscription and the latest firmware to work. to find out what you have, you need to download the mylaps software and plug your key + transponder into the computer. all the boxes on your screen should be green. if not, you need to take action. its pretty straight forward - click buttons that arent green until they are or give mylaps money for a subscription.

2. below are the lights and their meanings.
Document1_Page_1.jpg Document1_Page_2.jpg Document1_Page_3.jpg

3. placement
these units are directional. they cannot transmit through carbon fibre or thick metal. make sure the arrow on the carrier is pointing the right direction (usually down to track) and there is no major obstruction below it. the best place is on your fork tube.

4. BAttery - the top metal portion should blink green. if it doesnt its dead. charge it using a samsung or blackberry wall plug. if all the lights are purple, its not charging. find a different plug. refer to the light guide above. you should see a blinking light to indicate its charging.

Last edited:

blam

Administrator
your software screen should show the below green boxes :

index.php

blam

Administrator
thanks shane

Ive been informed there was a very recent firmware release. (between may 14th and now)

please please please make sure you are up to date.

Jason Henton

Anyone else having trouble with this update?Crashing my computer(s), blue lighting the transponder, and continually telling me it needs to be updated...

Framer

I was having similar problem. I shut down the software, unplugged the transponder, and rebooted my computer and everything is fine now.

blam

Administrator
Thanks Jeff, I will be sending the tech bulletin out to all racers as soon as registration closes and will make sure to note that.

electrobiker86

Anyone else having trouble with this update?Crashing my computer(s), blue lighting the transponder, and continually telling me it needs to be updated...
All the lights on my Race key flash blue when connected to the PC and logged in to MyLaps Connect. Had the multiple firmware upgrade screens come up as well. Shutting down the app and logging in again stopped the upgrade warning but Race key still flashes two blue as soon as Connect is opened..

Jefferson

EMRA Executive Member
Did the firmware update red squares come up, and you clicked update? Once its up to date, you have to keep mylaps closed to get standard charging lights. If mylaps is open you'll get blue(USB mode) lights.

electrobiker86

Did the firmware update red squares come up, and you clicked update? Once its up to date, you have to keep mylaps closed to get standard charging lights. If mylaps is open you'll get blue(USB mode) lights.
Correct, that is what is happening. Have done the updates as well.

blam

Administrator
i believe the transponders do not charge when the mylaps app is running and connected to a pc.

best bet for charging is find a wall plug (non apple) that works and keep it forever charged on it.