Safety Castrol racetrack

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Lol Rob you should help us with our website i don't even know how to embed links in a post. But yes thanks... could have done that BEFORE i typed all that shit out though haha :p

Ryno

Where are you getting your figures from?

From this very thread where you and Jon quoted figures.

SetUpSixxRR- "The EMRA is sticking it out over the winter (for our members!!!) to keep Castrol accountable of their promises and make sure the changes get done, that involved the EMRA taking a potential risk (external factors like bad weather) by putting forth a non-refundable deposit of $16,500. This was what it took to ensure we have a 2019 season."

Fast316- "We are currently putting together a massive purchase of air fence, working on price and some design details. It will probably be between $35000-$40000, this purchase will repair the damaged blocks from last year as well as put around 15 more blocks on track. Hay bales and covers for the bales have been ordered."

My math says that's a 56k investment for the season by the club.

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member
The deposit becomes a credit if safety requirements are not met.

And air fence isn’t a this year investment, it’s a safety investment period. The fact we’re arguing the cost tentatively spent on safety is ABSURD, especially given the circumstances. Even if it was $100k, NOBODY should even remotely be painting it in a negative light.

Ryno

The deposit becomes a credit if safety requirements are not met.

And air fence isn’t a this year investment, it’s a safety investment period. The fact we’re arguing the cost tentatively spent on safety is ABSURD, especially given the circumstances. Even if it was $100k, NOBODY should even remotely be painting it in a negative light.

NOBODY is painting a investment on safety in a negative light. What is being said is that a 56k investment basically told Castrol that the EMRA would be racing no matter what.

The club "pushed through" the Nov 30, 2018 deadline, then put up a non refundable 16.5k deposit, that would be used as a credit if the safety improvements weren't made. Which is interesting because if the improvements aren't made then what is the credit going to be put towards if the intention was to not race there? Then Jon said the club was purchasing 45-50k in air fence which I do believe is what the club needs to do to keep its riders safe. Again though if Castrol does not come through on the improvements where is this investment in safety going to be used?

Castrol reads this forum, Castrol reads facebook. They know about the financial investment that the club has made and with that IMO gave up any leverage the EMRA may have had in getting changes done.

Now I am happy to hear that they have begun making some of the changes, but I was of the understanding that all, not most of the changes needed to be done for the season to go forward.

For the newer members on this forum, i'll sum it up with this, it will be the last thing I will post on this matter or likely on this forum. I have heard, read and watched the current EMRA exec respond in ways to Shane and Rob Dalrington of HardNox that are truly appalling and unprofessional.

Shane has spent hundreds of hours over the years working his ass off for this club and the second he steps down from the exec and then steps forward and questions or brings to light things that have been wrong for many years, he gets blasted for asking simple questions that are fair. He is met with smart ass'd comments, responses and 90% of the time deflecting techniques that don't answer a damn thing.
He deserves better and more respect then he has been given by the current exec.

HardNox has run a professional track day service that most know and love. To be run down on here by Your Current Exec is unreal. I will say BW has a big set of balls to go out to area27 and ride at a HX track day after the shit he has been saying about them quitting while the EMRA pushed forward despite and agreement that they had. The most comedic thing I have read in awhile was his back pedaling last night after HX called him out for basically slander. Rob, Trayr and Curtis have given more time and money and passion to this sport than most of the current ridership has combined. They are the most genuine group of individuals that you will ever meet.

With that I am done, we will take our program and money down south and out to any event being run by HX. I wish all the riders a safe and awesome season, because no matter what you will be racing.

Cheers,

electrobiker86

NOBODY is painting a investment on safety in a negative light. What is being said is that a 56k investment basically told Castrol that the EMRA would be racing no matter what.

This is a personal assumption that has already been determined as inaccurate by many execs, many times over. Personally I would race again there, as is; though that is not what the club has decided to do. Personally I limit where I pass, and speed in certain areas, and still somehow manage to have a great time.

The club "pushed through" the Nov 30, 2018 deadline, then put up a non refundable 16.5k deposit, that would be used as a credit if the safety improvements weren't made.

Reality was, November was not a realistic timeline, last fall sucked, in more ways than one. An AGM was held, the members voted.

Which is interesting because if the improvements aren't made then what is the credit going to be put towards if the intention was to not race there? Then Jon said the club was purchasing 45-50k in air fence which I do believe is what the club needs to do to keep its riders safe. Again though if Castrol does not come through on the improvements where is this investment in safety going to be used?

Obviously if the club gets the $16.5 K back it will not go towards anything, it will sit there as there is no suitable facility. If the club does not get the deposit back the funds will not be a major hit to the clubs overall finances. It was deemed worth the risk to motivate Castrol to implement the changes. The 40 K in air fence had to be ordered, as per the AGM discussion. If Castrol was able to make the improvements in the spring, we would not have the air fence required in place for a 2019 season, if it was not ordered in 2018. It was deemed the financial risk was necessary, but given the financial health of the club it was not an issue, even if the fence sat unused for a season. Yes, it may indeed go to complete waste if there is never a place to race locally, and that would suck.

Last edited:

DEFBOY35

Was there a vote at the agm? There was an exec vote before the agm to try and put forth a new proposal of a post dated deposit and see if they would accept that. As of the agm Castrol had not gotten back to the club. It wasn't until after the agm that we had their answer saying no to the post dated deposit.
There was a vote on purchasing a large order of Airfence. I would have thought that would be contingent on changes being made.
That was one of the questions I brought forth earlier in this thread, because at the time no real information had been put forth in regards to the terms of the contract and what exactly would be done.
As I am sure all can respect that the airfence order would need to be done early enough to have available for round 1 if Castrol DOES get the improvements made. That a total upwards of 56k $ of the clubs money is a pretty decent gamble l. Which is why I asked for the information to be able to see where the clubs confidence in the changes being made were coming from to take that risk.
As a member I think it is fair to ask those types of questions as the risk had gone from 16-around a potential 56k$ mark. Which is substantial.
Questioning whether Castrol will get the changes done is fair and I would think that they would have to agree with the number of broken promises in the past.

I'm sure there will be a post up any day now with the meeting minutes from the other night so we will have the current status on both changes as well as an airfence order.
Hopefully we can get a post up as well with the agm minutes so that the info is there for everyone.

electrobiker86

At the end of the day, or winter, all the clubs money in the bank would do no one any good if there is no track to go to. If we had a million it still won't buy us our own track. Decisions have been made, some by AGM some by Exec, good or bad; we will see in the coming weeks. There is no going back to October, we are where we are, which in my opinion looks encouraging given that more work has been done this spring than the last 3 combined.

DEFBOY35

True that money in the bank would not give us a season if things fell through. Again. Hopefully they don't. Hopefully changes are made. Just want to make sure that is very clear. But the money in the bank would have been good if another option became available in the future to keep the club going. That is all.

DEFBOY35

Was unable to reply in the meeting minutes thread. But two things

1st. Thank you jeff for getting the minutes up.
2. Is there more information on the turn 9 structure? Sorry if I had missed it somewhere else. Would I be correct in thinking that it would be to improve the ability of the corner workers in that section of track to be able to see corner 7 etc?

Thank you again

Last edited:

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member
Exactly the purpose. Originally was looking at a temporary platform but Jeff found a solid semi permanent structure for less. 8’ high deck with stairs and full railing.
Should be able to see from turns 5-12 from it. Just large enough for a canopy for coverage.

DEFBOY35

Exactly the purpose. Originally was looking at a temporary platform but Jeff found a solid semi permanent structure for less. 8’ high deck with stairs and full railing.
Should be able to see from turns 5-12 from it. Just large enough for a canopy for coverage.
That will be a huge improvement out in that area. Is that something that Castrol is agreeing to add to the contract of changes? Or will this be on the clubs dime?

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Colin first off -- my bad I didn't know you were combining the 30K air fence investment with the deposit, in that case YES its about 45-46K potential investment you are right. However, we haven't actually spent the money on air fence yet... in fact we are still waiting on a quote (but i suspect it will be about 30K)... and guess what we'll do If Castrol makes a bunch of changes in the next week or two? Probably put forward a purchase order for that upcoming quote...
So does that mean we have invested 45-50K so far? Nope, wrong, still only 16K.... but you know everything right? Now here's where it gets fun for me...
Man i wish everyone else who might read this thread knew your history with the organization. You are so far back from being anything involved with the EMRA its not even funny. Right now you're not looking to sponsor a new rider (yes I'm calling your bullshit), you're not looking to come to exec meetings and learn about the club future... you couldn't even attend the exec meetings when you were ON THE EXECUTIVE. In fact, you still take the cake for being hands-down the worst exec member the organization ever had to carry... Why don't you sponsor the club for the thousands of dollars you fucked the club out of back in 2013?
Or just stay out of this business you really don't need to be a troll on.

Now to answer your questions...
Again though if Castrol does not come through on the improvements where is this investment in safety going to be used?
Well if we didn't see changes, the club was willing to risk losing 16.5K of our wallet to further the sport successfully into 2019.

Castrol reads this forum, Castrol reads facebook. They know about the financial investment that the club has made and with that IMO gave up any leverage the EMRA may have had in getting changes done.
Good thing you're not on the exec.

Now I am happy to hear that they have begun making some of the changes, but I was of the understanding that all, not most of the changes needed to be done for the season to go forward.
There are different stages to be completed at different times, we're doing everything we can to ensure the most important safety issues are addressed and improved. Like David said, many riders would go back there and race at the track as is but obviously we need to find a solution that looks out for the members' safety.

For the newer members on this forum, i'll sum it up with this, it will be the last thing I will post on this matter or likely on this forum.
Shane has spent hundreds of hours over the years working his ass off for this club and the second he steps down from the exec and then steps forward and questions blah blah blah.
A - i really hope you stick to your word and never post again but anyone who's been around for a few years knows your word isn't worth anything lol!
B- I ball bust Shane religiously, and he does it to me. A problem we have had is that we haven't had answers or updates to give (to him or anyone), and yes it gets annoying to constantly be asked for updates as if we wouldn't share them immediately. So yes i ball bust Shane and i will continue to do so. We've hashed things out, i owe him a hug and vice versa... moving on but hey thanks for your input.
C- Yes he puts in hard work and thousands of hours, same here, you should have tried it.

HardNox has run a professional track day service that most know and love. To be run down on here by Your Current Exec is unreal. I will say BW has a big set of balls to go out to area27 and ride at a HX track day after the shit he has been saying about them quitting while the EMRA pushed forward despite and agreement that they had. The most comedic thing I have read in awhile was his back pedaling last night after HX called him out for basically slander. Rob, Trayr and Curtis have given more time and money and passion to this sport than most of the current ridership has combined. They are the most genuine group of individuals that you will ever meet.

Hardnox is not getting put down, I support them and I have all along. Rob took my comment about quitting negatively and I did NOT back pedal because I genuinely am not calling them quitters like as if they gave up a Sodoku puzzle. In fact i nearly repeated myself because i wasn't putting them down and my post should not have been taken that way. They had planned to have a season and when they didn't see the commitment from Castrol to make changes by November 30th they admirably decided to pull out. Therefore, they quit moving forward with their 2019 plans. I'm not calling them quitters, i'm more-so saying they cancelled plans but don't get your panties in a bunch over the wording. The EMRA chose to take an audible for the membership to try and help motivate Castrol into the necessary changes and to try and save the community from losing a 2019 race season (which at one point was in jeopardy), especially after we just got wind of losing the 2019 track attack season with HX. It would have been detrimental to the sport to lose both. Now i don't know Trayr or Curtis from a hole in the wall, but i love Rob and always hug him when i see him. I want HX to do good, which if you really knew wtf you were talking about you would see that every post related to track attacks i comment on I will say something like how they put on an awesome track day, and i tell people to go to their track days. In fact, i'm not going to Area27 only because i'm going to California to race so it doesn't work my schedule. I never was planning on this April 5/6th date, but i posted about going to show support for their event. So again, Colin i recommend you just stay out of what you know nothing about.

Now not everyone will agree with me coming on here speaking my mind truly, but I'm a volunteer and i put way too much time, money, heart and soul into the racing community and the EMRA to let someone shit-talk on a topic they don't know both sides of the story on. I will defend myself, or anyone else i feel deserves support whether that be the club, the members, the other exec, Rob D or even silly Shane with his sick flow. I'm not always politically correct, hate it all you want but i will say things how they are.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
That will be a huge improvement out in that area. Is that something that Castrol is agreeing to add to the contract of changes? Or will this be on the clubs dime?

As of right now, we're looking at covering this cost ourselves. Its a relatively new idea that came forth from the group and we've only just received pricing on Tuesday. If Castrol wants to flip the bill that's great but by the sounds of it for the price its definitely an investment that's worth it for us. The view from there should be really good!

DEFBOY35

To play devils advocate, it was feb 10th when the mention of a substantial order of airfence was being worked on. That sounded like the order was in the works of being placed. I'd think most would have read it that way.
Until today there has been no information to suggest that order had not been placed yet and the money spent.
and just to clarify. The purchase order will be put forth in a couple weeks once the improvements are made. Which means the intention was not to purchase the airfence until we knew the changes were going to be done? Is that correct. Because that does change the perception of the "gamble" asked about back in February and recently.

madmax

attachment.php

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
To play devils advocate, it was feb 10th when the mention of a substantial order of airfence was being worked on.

Yeah actually we planned to get the quote sooner, and potentially place the order sooner... I also hoped to see track progress sooner.
Honestly though, I’ve just been busy with work and the air fence company contact I deal with has been busy. We’ve played telephone tag for weeks. So a big reason for the delay in spending 30K is because I work a ton and have a life etc. but it will work out okay this way, and personally I definitely feel better about investing club money now that stuff is moving at the track. :)

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Aside from all that, we have no new updates right now. But I’ll probably try to swing by Castrol tomorrow and see if there is any news. :)