Are there racing schools that rent prepped track bikes?

Ironman

Hi to everyone, I have the misfortune of living pretty much 8 hours away from everything (Prince George, BC) and am wondering if there are racing schools in Van, Calgary or Edmonton that do rent track prepped bikes? I don't want to buy one of those before knowing if I'd like to get into that sport, especially living this far from tracks. As far as I've seen there are some outfits in the states... Some help if you have it!!!

Ironman

It looks like I'm out of luck, I've posted the question other places also and am getting the same answers. Thanks anyway.

Ironman

Thanks for that, that is exactly what I was looking for, one stop shopping. I always wanted to try an Aprilia. Excellent...

Ironman

Just learning..

There is something to be said about control. I have a fast street machine right now but honestly can't tap into it's full potential. Learning the proper way to me makes perfect sense. I'm sure the power to weight ratio on an Aprilia is OK and is probably a lot of fun to learn on. Just wait and see when I get good at it ;)

c3hp0

And when you're done with OTP, you can also look at California, where you can rent sport/track bikes and ride track sessions/schools and/or you can consider the couple of schools in the western U.S. that can supply bikes (California superbike school being the most notable; also the Yamaha Champions School).

fask

The On Track Performance school is the way to go, in my opinion.
I know there are some fellas on here that have been to many more a school than I but out of the three I have attended, the OTP school provides the most one on one time with an instructor. When an instructor has the time to not just teach but actually learn about you and your speciffic strengths and weaknesses, you truly get back what you put in and that is the best thing you can ask for.

Ironman

I have sent them an email to book for this season, just waiting for them to get back to me. Thanks for letting me know about them, I think it's going to be great to learn on a smaller machine also...

You'll enjoy the Aprilia! Verry fun. Justin runs a great school and has good instructors. Justin is also one of our fast guys at the track and is very good at releighing information to his students.

Oh yeah, hey Justin, send me your OTP schedule so I can see when I'm available.

Cheers,
Norm

sv-racing-parts

:) I couldn't agree more on the benefit of attending a good school like OTP with Justin, and then going to a school like CSS, or such where you will then take the skills with you onto the bigger bike,

Have fun, the 125 Aprilia is a blast,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Fireman

Hi to all... is it just me or http://www.ontrackperformance.ca doesn't work as a website anymore? I hope they're still going to operate this year and that it's only a temporary glitch.. Can't wait to register for my 1st course.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We will indeed be operating in 2011. Just some technical difficulties at the moment.

EDIT: Website is back up

Last edited:

sv-racing-parts

Are there racing schools that rent prepped track bikes

:) Hi Steve, I would love to know a few details on that school outing. I may well have a couple of racer buddies who love to go,

Let me know,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Arctic Donkey

I don't know if it is a joke, a typo or for real. It is shown on the Roadracingworld website but I couldn't find anything about it on Chris's site www.perisrs.com If you or your buddies go we expect videos!