2012 EMRA Race Organizing Committee and race track volunteers

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
The EMRA 2012 racing season is going to be bigger and better than ever!!! Once again I am looking to put together the group of volunteers needed to put on another great season. I will be organizing the group of volunteers that form the Race Organizing Committee (ROC) as well as volunteers for corner working and marshaling duties. The ROC group of volunteers is responsible for taking care of the day to day race operation. Without them the racing would not be possible. Last year the ROC did an amazing job and I had a great time working with all those involved. The races went off smoothly; timing, tech and registration were all streamlined. This year the EMRA is making an effort to keep and attract more corner worker volunteers. This is a less involved, slightly more relaxed way to volunteer and help out the club on race weekends. Once again there is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.

2012poster.JPG

For volunteering you will recieve:
One track attack evening session if you work one saturday or one sunday on a race weekend.
Your choice of one full track attack day for every full race weekend worked or a gift certificate from a local motorcycle dealership (value TBD).
Free EMRA swag
Lunch provided for you at the track
Free admission
Free EMRA club membership ($35 value) which will get you discounts at most bike shops around town.
Free year end banquet ticket for those working more than 3 full weekends.

The positions I will be looking to fill are:
• RACE DIRECTOR:
• CLERK OF THE COURSE:
• REFEREE:
• STARTER:
• CHIEF COURSE MARSHAL:
• PRE-GRID GRID MARSHAL:
• CHIEF TECHNICAL INSPECTOR:
• CHIEF REGISTRAR:
• CHIEF SCORER:
• CORNER MARSHAL:

Of couse as in years past, returning ROC members will have first dibs on their positions.

This is a great way to come out and watch some racing and get the best seats in the house.

A more detailed description of the ROC positions can be found on page 17 of the 2012 EMRA rule book, which can be down loaded here...

http://emra.ca/index.php?pageid=forms

Please post here or PM me if you are interested and can help out on the race dates or have any questions.

Last edited:

turn8

So how is our corner worker situ this season, are we going to gain some from the calgary group now they have nowhere to Volunteer. then maybe i can hand over the keys to turn 8 to someone new...

YZF1000jon

We're not counting on the Calgary contingent, however we did get quite a response from the bike show, fingers crossed, knock on wood, if not, we'll see you there.;)

YZF1000jon

They are as good as a Gift Certificate or cash, once they are given out, the owner may do as they please, I suggest Celeste start charging you Ryan :p. As they are like cash, if they are lost, they will not be re-issued, so please use caution.