Recent content by Disco Duc

1. Disco Duc

2021 Rule Change discussion

Dorna also has factory and fully funded teams that rely on winning to make money and get TV ratings. Small clubs just need more riders to pay entry fees and grow the sport/club. The more people we can get on track the better. I just want to grow the club and get guys with the 'Oddball' bikes a...
  2. Disco Duc

I would love to see an endurance race (series). I think it would be much more cost effective at Stratotech on a long weekend day, like a Monday, or even on a Friday evening. Castrol is much more expensive so, I guess a Friday night instead of a 'Track Attack' event would have to work??
  3. Disco Duc

As the sponsor of the Formula Thunder class, I think that there are quite a few bikes that race in the class and (currently) do not really fit into or are not really competitive the mainstream classes. I'm all for getting more Buell, BMW, MV, KTM, Aprilia etc bikes involved with the class...
  4. Disco Duc

Hey everyone, I wanted to put forth a change to the 600 class for 2021. I wanted to propose that we allow some of the newer (OEM) 'middleweight' classed bikes into the 600cc classes. Dorna, In the World Supersport series (which is primarily 600cc based), have been looking into bringing the...
  5. Disco Duc

Formula Thunder

Hey Everyone, Taylor Racing is sponsoring the Formula Thunder class this year. I wanted to do something extra as well as just sponsor the class, so I am going to add to the sponsorship.... If you are running in the Formula Thunder class and run Taylor Racing Decals on your bike (Available at...
  6. Disco Duc

2018 CALGARY Motorcycle Show VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

I will be there for set up and tear down..... My schedule is pretty open, so I can/will fill in whenever needed.
  7. Disco Duc

2018 Rule Change Discussion

When we raced the 848's in Calgary (middleweight class etc), all of our classes were dyno classes. My 848 with a tune and exhaust ran roughly 113-115hp. Most, if not all of the top 600cc bikes that were in that class were all in the same area. Some of the top 600cc bikes were pushing over...
  8. Disco Duc

On a completely different topic, I would like to propose that we modify the 600 class rules to accept the Ducati 848. Mission, and Gimli both run the 848's in the 600 class, and they are also legal to run in events like the Daytona 200. Horsepower and weight numbers are very comparable to...
  9. Disco Duc

Personally, I don't think that the previous Intermediate Champ needs a special number coming into the next season. To me its like giving the MVP from the AHL the same number as the NHL MVP. (you make up a different analogy, but you get my point) Yes, that rider did win the premier intermediate...
  10. Disco Duc

2017 mylaps group buy

Hey Shane, I have 3-4 guys looking for the timers. Let me know pricing when you have a chance please. Thanks Ryan 403 807-3266
  11. Disco Duc

Lists

Well, twist my rubber arm.... I will be there! :D
  12. Disco Duc

Lists

Does helping instruct the 2016 EMRA race school count as volunteering? ;)
  13. Disco Duc

Race Suit/Leather repair

A+ tailors on 17th ave is where a bunch of us old CMRA guys use to get our suits repaired back in the day..... D&R Leather was also in Calgary, not sure if they are still around or not....
  14. Disco Duc

ducati 1199 bodywork

I've got a couple on track as well. Give me a shout 403 807-3266 Ryan
  15. Disco Duc

A new car track

Private track, so I doubt that they will have local racing out there.