Recent content by Mullet2Skullet

1. M

Gen 2 SV650 for track bike?

Thanks to everyone for all your great input! It is very helpful to hear what experienced racers recommend , whether it be bikes tires, or gear! If anyone comes across a decent track ready 2nd gen SV, please let me know! Gary
  2. M

Thanks Brian! If you come across a decent race suit for full figured man, let me know! Gary
  3. M

Thanks again Steve! All your info is very helpful and appreciated! Yes, my number 1 plan is to find a decent SV set up for the track. As much as I like modding bikes piece by piece, it doesn't make sense financially to start out with a stock bike, and pump a bunch of cash into it for my level of...
  4. M

Thanks Steve! Yes, I think that the SV's are the way to go for me. Keeping an eye peeled for the right one now.
  5. M

Thanks for the very helpful information Jason! The plan is track days for this year, and then if I enjoy it as much as I think I will, race school next year, and try some racing. And yes, that was another reason for wanting to try an SV. After watching one of the rounds this past summer, I...
  6. M

Good information... Much appreciated!
  7. M

Hi gang, I am looking to get a dedicated track bike, that I could build both my skill and confidence level with. I have always thought the SV650S would be a good bike to start with, and was wondering what you guys think? Watching one of your August rounds this past summer,I saw a couple out...
  8. M

Track attack bike prep

Thanks for the info guys! I just bought a new Scorpion helmet from Sport Bike Track Gear. On sale only $99 U.S (shipping and exchange $200 Can) it is a Snell 2010, I was looking at the old rules, and figured I would be good. Funny thing is, that it has a 2012 manufacture date, so it looks like...
  9. M

Track attack bike prep

How about helmet requirements? Is my Snell 2010 okay, or will a 2015 be required for track days in 2017?