HotBodies Race Bodywork Sale

DMesher

Last edited:

DEFBOY35

darel, what was shipping like on the bodywork last year? any issues with fitment? and obviously they withstand airfence ok?

DMesher

I would have to check my records when I get home regarding the total cost, however I am pretty certain that two complete sets including shipping (UPS couriered) was around $750 (the 2 sets cost $650 +$100 shipping). The fitment for my bike was perfect and the set included primed upper, lower, front fender, tail section and seat. They are extremely thin and light.....and yes they take a hit pretty well. :) The windscreen is extra, and you can buy any of the components individually if needed.

In fact when the two huge boxes arrived last year, one of the uppers had significant stress cracks in the fiberglass from the gorillas UPS used for the shipping, and HotBodies sent me a new upper at no cost.

What's interesting is that the flyer mentions that you can select any two sets...(if I interpret that correctly i.e. two different bikes), I don't know if that was the case last year

Last edited:

Ryno

That wasnt the case last year.. it was a 2 for 1 deal. .. but it had to be for the same bike

DEFBOY35

that is a pretty good deal, and i definitely need some bodywork this year. instead of adding fiberglass repairs over previous repairs

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Weird. Because I thought Dana and I talked to HotBodies about getting the deal for our bikes and it wasnt acceptable. My memory fails me..... I blame the concussions ;D

MyTTwin

I believe STG changed there "2 for 1 sale" to any two bikes.. When I took advantage of this deal last year it was two sets for the same bike and one set came from STG the second set came from Hotboddies separately. Note, STG wouldn't ship that deal across the border however they did ship for free within US... I would assume Hotbodies deal is the same and ship across the border.

DMesher

I bought directly from HotBodies last year during their 2-for-1 sale and they shipped (couriered) direct to Alberta. They were great to deal with and as described in an earlier post for this thread, when there was a problem with an upper being damaged during shipping, HotBodies shipped another free of charge. I simply took a picture of the box and damaged panel and they shipped me a new one.

Goatse

Weird. Because I thought Dana and I talked to HotBodies about getting the deal for our bikes and it wasnt acceptable. My memory fails me..... I blame the concussions ;D

That's correct. They would only do 2 for 1 on the same bike.

sv-racing-parts

Hot Bodies Race Bodywork Sale

:) Hi Everyone, just as a quick heads up, I am a Full Line Hot Bodies Dealer and can absolutely help out anyone interested in taking advantage of this or any other Hot Bodies Promotion,

I have shipping and getting parts to you in Edmonton down to a science and will be able to help you out on any border clearance issues as well,

Many EMRA members have been helped and benefited from my Distributor network and knowledge and experience on moving race parts through customs and to your door,

I am here for you and looking forward to 2014 at Castrol,

Email me Directly at [email protected] No PM Please, I need to be able retain and recall the details in order to really look after you,

Let me know whenever you are ready, I will get you looked after right away,

Best regards,
Blair

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, here is the bottom line on the Race Bodywork from Hot Bodies.

They will not drop ship to Canada or overseas.

The Race Kits are set up as full sets and any add on items or changes are extra, The kits are $650 for the sake of argument,

Shipping to get from Hot Bodies to me, clear customs, and reship to you is $140.

Total is $790 and you have two sets shipped to Edmonton. There may be minor shipping differences if you are not in Edmonton,

These are EMRA Canadian $ Prices.

Email me Directly at [email protected] for more details on your individual needs,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Hotbodies drop shipped me some bodywork last month, And I got email confirmation TODAY that they've shipped my tail fairing this morning..... So I don't know where you're getting the idea that they don't ship to canada...

sv-racing-parts

:) They just emailed me this morning on some other parts,

They may just ship Retail to Canada and not dealer drop ships,

Best regards,
Blair

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Ahh okay. It could have been because they were fixing an original shipping error. Check those boxes Blair, make sure they give you the right stuff because I've had TWO order/shipping errors from them so maybe that's their reason for going beyond regular policy.

DMesher

As I said in an earlier post, HotBodies ships directly to Canada using UPS. Nothing extraordinary about the the order nor the shipping when I purchased from them last year.

Goatse

As I said in an earlier post, HotBodies ships directly to Canada using UPS. Nothing extraordinary about the the order nor the shipping when I purchased from them last year.

Except UPS is hands down the worst shipping company for international shipping.