Winter bike mods

sand.man

I think we had a thread like this on here before but I couldn't find it, we had some good chatter going on if I recall...

So, what are you doing to your bike this winter to prepare for next year or get more competetive?

Fireman

Adding rad guards, hand guards and a set of trelleborgs so I can ride till mid December.

sand.man

Sounds cold, I don't like cold!

Let's expand this thread to include rumors about the track... have they started any of the changes that the white haired fellow made promise on?

S-african

I'm also thinking new bike ... Mmmmm

Although I don't have a bike at the moment, so any bike would be new. But I want to get back into racing again for 2015, so I'm starting to look for the next race bike.

sand.man

Something new for Jesse that would be better than a fairly recent ZX10... What could that be?

Fireman

Just bought heated grips. Thought you would like to know Ryan. It's going to be chilly this week. Going out again next weekend.

DEFBOY35

finally get that stroked out big bore motor into the bike, and get that intake manifold done so i can fire it up.
oh and get the YSR going! i want a pit bike!! lol

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
So, what are you doing to your bike this winter to prepare for next year or get more competetive?

What about you?

I think what you need (who doesn't need one) is a nice 600rr. They look good and they do awesome wheelies! I know a guy with one for sale ;), special deal for you!

I'll be detuning and putting my bike on a weight gainer over winter.

sand.man

Detune and weight gain? Is it over the CSBK HP limit and under the weight cutoff?

Apparently you have to use a stock battery too, according to the rulebook.

I might pull the engine from the SM and check the crank for runout / rod play, port the new head and properly set up all my clearances and squish since I rushed the build last time. Might put in a new CP piston, I'll have to see how the current one looks after one season.

Last edited:
I'll be experimenting with E85 fuel in the next couple of weeks. Should see 5-10% over Premium, and it's still "pump gas". So, you know, less dollars.