Round 3&4 Registration

ian

We've had some software updates since the last round so if you're having trouble registering read this:

There have been some updates to the registration system since round 2, hopefully the new look will be easier to use. After clicking on "Event Registration" at the top of our Home page, wait for the page to load. On the top right hand side you will see a green "Sign In" button, click on that and enter your log on info. Then click on the "About Me / Personal Info" button at the top and fill in the required information and click on "Save" at the bottom. Then click on the "Entry manager" button on the bottom right. Then select the event you want to enter from the list on the left side. You will may get a "We Couldn't find any classes you can run at EMRA" error message, ignore it and click the "Next" button. You will see a screen with all the classes you can race in, click on the "+" sign next to the class you want to enter, then choose which day you want to race (Saturday, Sunday or Both), do this for all the classes you want to enter. If you want to enter a class that isn't on the screen email me and I will look into it. mailto:[email protected] After selecting your classes click next. If you already have RFID tags on your bike for timing click "Checkout", if you need RFID tags check the box and click "Checkout"
Review your entry, if it all looks good, click the "checkout" button and select a payment option. Payment at the track is done by CASH OR CHEQUE ONLY. Then click on "Send Entry" you should get an email confirmation.

[FONT=&quot]If you want to change an entry to either add or delete a class: click on the "Entries" button at the top, then select the date of the entry you want to change and click on the "Races" button in the middle, you will be taken to the page with all the races you are eligible to race in, everything with a green check mark is what you are entered in, to delete an entry click the green check mark and it will remove that entry, to add an entry click on the "+" sign and choose your race day. You will not need to check out again from an existing entry.

Ian
[/FONT]

majikx

As I was told by Justin we need to register for castrol track attack for Fri night practice.. I hope this is correct as I have already paid for that.. I also suggested that because of the fact there will be 2 groups of street riders as well as only 2 race groups we perhaps take the first 2 sessions times and for the 3rd session cut it down to 10 min and take the fastest 15 guys and have a "superpole style qualifying aession" for the faster guys this will allow a more free open track so they can run a bit faster times... then we would still have 2 full 15 min sessions after that for practice.. just a thought. ..

S-african

Thanks Mike,

I got registered for the Track attack.
I like the "Superpole" idea - even if I may not crack it into the top 15

ian

There is no July 3 practice day. Qualifying will take place on Friday evening during Castrol's Track Attack (4:30 - 9 PM) and Saturday morning practice sessions. Mike's qualifying idea sounds interesting unfortunately we can't change our Qualifying rules in the middle of the season - that's something we'll need to run by the EMRA membership.

Also when you do your entry make sure you select "Both Days" if you want to race on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

majikx

Ian, my idea was just because there will be so many riders in a small number of groups. . It's not a change to qualifying but more, try to provide a more open track so that the faster guys have the opportunity to actually run one or two laps at full pace instead of trying to through traffic and making tight passes to land a better grid spot, putting all riders in a tighter situation.

Thanks for taking the time to review.

Mike

Looking forward to the race round

PS, now I've heard that track attack has a limit on how many people they can take, is this true? And if so what happens to the guys that can't get into the track night?

AllanG

Hey Ian, just want to confirm as its not very clear, when selecting both days in event registration it is only showing my novice fees as if they were for a single day.

And this remains the case even after "checkout", am I registered for both days?

Also is there a way to "reserve" a spot for the track attack for those of us who would normally pay at the track for our weekend fees?

Last edited:

Ryno

Hey Ian, just want to confirm as its not very clear, when selecting both days in event registration it is only showing my novice fees as if they were for a single day.

Also is there a way to "reserve" a spot for the track attack for those of us who would normally pay at the track for our weekend fees?

Booking for the track attack is handled through castrol website. I didn't see a pay at the track feature

ian

Allan, you are registered for both days, the system is not calculating it correctly but I have notified the software people , I hope to have it fixed soon. The total cost will be $240 for the Novice races on both days.

You can book a spot at Castrol's website for the track evening:

http://www.castrolraceway.com/index.php?mo=pages&p_id=140

You can also register at the track if there is space, it will cost you $25 more though.

Ian

AllanG

Allan, you are registered for both days, the system is not calculating it correctly but I have notified the software people , I hope to have it fixed soon. The total cost will be $240 for the Novice races on both days.

You can book a spot at Castrol's website for the track evening:

http://www.castrolraceway.com/index.php?mo=pages&p_id=140

You can also register at the track if there is space, it will cost you $25 more though.

Ian

Thanks Ian, just wanted to confirm

scratch

So is the track attack night on July 11th only open to those that are racing on the weekend? Or can anyone register?

scratch

Thanks Shane. If qualifying happening as well that night won't that really cut in to on track time? Want to come up from Calgary for the eve but don't want to only get 2 sessions

Ryno

Thanks Shane. If qualifying happening as well that night won't that really cut in to on track time? Want to come up from Calgary for the eve but don't want to only get 2 sessions

The track night should run like a normal track night, when they say qualifying it just means that times will be recorded for the registered racers. You should still get the normal amount of track night sessions I would think

DEFBOY35

Still aiming to crush out our usual 5 sessions per group to make sure everybody can maximize the amount of time on track in the 4 hours give or take that we are given!!

Ryno

There is no July 3 practice day. Qualifying will take place on Friday evening during Castrol's Track Attack (4:30 - 9 PM) and Saturday morning practice sessions. Mike's qualifying idea sounds interesting unfortunately we can't change our Qualifying rules in the middle of the season - that's something we'll need to run by the EMRA membership.

Also when you do your entry make sure you select "Both Days" if you want to race on Saturday and Sunday.

If qualifying times count from this Friday night does that mean there will be registration and full tech inspection as well on Friday?