Ticket sales?

solo

I had an interesting thought today, and was thinking of just running it though this forum to see what others think about the idea?

Would it be possible to have some sort of entrance tickets that a racer could say purchase at a discounted rate, so as to give to sponsors to come see the races?

Sponsorship comes in many forms, and in a lot of cases, it would be nice to give a sponsor a couple entrance tickets to see the races and to see where their sponsorship is being used?

Sometimes a sponsor may bring a friend to see the races also, and that could help in even more sponsorship or someone even getting interested in racing.

My work allows me to meet all kinds of new people, a lot of people don't know about Edmonton's motorcycle road racing,or even Stratotec Raceway, I try to promote it as much as I can, because the more fans there are, the more involvement into the sport, and that could help a lot in the future.
It seems that when people get free tickets to an event, they usually go see it, or pass them onto someone that will. I know that it probably isn't EMRA's policy to discount entrance tickets, but it would be a way of generating a few extra dollars, plus bring in some new fans that normally wouldn't come and take a look.
There could be a limit of tickets that each racer can purchase in a season.
The ticket could have the racer's number on it, and even the sponsors company name (hand written space). In which case it would be easy to see if there is any abuse of ticket use?

Like I said, it is just a thought.

YZF1000jon

We've tried a couple of similar things in the past, but your idea is different. It would be difficult to personailze tickets upon printing as we get them all done at once, but buying a package for yourself at a discount rate is interesting. It's something that can be brought up at a meeting to check feasability, then approval by Dan would be the last word.

solo

The idea of personalized tickets would be a bit pricey.. just a line that you could hand write the racer's number on and another line for company sponsor name or personal name would be good enough. A limit of tickets most likely would have to be the rule and they would have to be purchased before the race season starts. They can also not be used as a discounted way for the racer or crew members to get in. Only given to sponsors and perspective sponsors.

Fireman

Ticket sales are done through stratotech park. The emra gets nome of that income so any ticket pricing would need to be done through dan.

Edit. I spoke too soon. Apparently the emra gets 50% of gate sales. So it can be discussed at thenext exec to see if there can be anything done on our end. And how we can go about doing this.

Sorry for the mis information. I was unaware.

Last edited: