AIR FENCE fund raiser

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I think everyone can agree there's no such thing as too much safety. The EMRA is looking at a number of ways to improve track/rider safety for next year. One such way will be repairing and adding additional air fence to the track. The cost of air fence is roughly $3000 per block.

To raise extra money for the purchase of air fence the EMRA has organized a Sunday Brunch fund raiser Nov. 8 at Earls Crossroads location at 11:45am. If you double check the calendar I'm sure you already have that date circled as it is also the final round of MotoGP. $20 will get you coffee and/or tea, entry into a couple draws/giveaways, and a reserved spot in the lounge where the race will put on the TVs. The Crossroads location is freshly renovated and the Earls brunch menu is also new and great. So please come enjoy what promises to be a dramatic race, feel free to order brunch, and help raise a few dollars that will be put towards a great cause.

Post up here if you CAN attend so we can give the management at Earls a rough count and they can supply us with extra servers.

Nevets

EMRA Executive Member
I'll be there, and bringing my girlfriend, plus a buddy.

So RSVP 3 people total.

blam

Administrator
last time i checked, the race was at something like 6:00am? or will this be a replay? or did I totally get my time zones mixed up?

also, go rossi!!!!

Last edited:

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
last time i checked, the race was at something like 6:00am? or will this be a replay? or did I totally get my time zones mixed up?

also, go rossi!!!!

6am? What time is that? Anything before 10am just doesn't register in my brain. 11:45am is a realistic time to get a group of racers together and functioning for anything. Also Earls opens at 11:30am. If things work out well in the future we maybe able to organize something earlier.

blam

Administrator
well, I will try to make it out. I'll be up early/all night to watch the races live so i may pass out right after the races. haha!

just an idea for next season, why not put on a BBQ and play the races (depending what time they air) to raise funds?

would be a really good evening of races and food & drinks.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
well, I will try to make it out. I'll be up early/all night to watch the races live so i may pass out right after the races. haha!

just an idea for next season, why not put on a BBQ and play the races (depending what time they air) to raise funds?

Good ideas. Keep them coming. That being said the club already puts on 5 bbqs during each weekend of our racing, so that's a lot of bbq. The only motogp races with schedules that would probably work are Qatar, Argentina and COTA, those races are scheduled for March and April, not exactly peak BBQ season.

Also collecting cash from racers mid race season... Blood from a stone is a good term haha. My racing budget is already 110%, my truck becomes a V6 in the summer to save funds for racing.

cSvat

Can we just show up? Not sure if I can make it just yet because of work.

So.... I guess a *potential* RSVP for two?

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Can we just show up? Not sure if I can make it just yet because of work.

So.... I guess a *potential* RSVP for two?

Sure, I'm just trying to collect numbers so I can let management at Earls know what to expect.

the_fornicator

Please don't make me BBQ any more hahaha

Off the top of my head, the issue with the BBQ is that the club has to put money into the BBQ. So, costs need to be recouped first before the club be in the black so as to have anything to put towards air fence.

The BBQs on qualifying day cost between $250-$400. So, if we got 20 people at a $400 BBQ, we'd just break even. Heck, we even stand to lose money in this case. On the other hand, if we hold a fundraiser at a place where the club doesn't have any up-front costs, 100% of the money can be put towards the cause.

Just thinking out loud type of thing.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
How did the brunch Fundraiser turn out ?

I think everything went very well, to steel a few words from someone else...

It was a great turnout yesterday at Earl's Crossroads for the EMRA Airfence Fundraiser. Thank you so much to the local sponsors who chipped in helping make this a success. Argyll Motorsports, Honda Extreme, Urban Organic Market, and SLP Construction. Thanks to the sponsors, the racers, and just race fans in general, we raised over $2500 towards some new airfence!