Hotbodies bodywork

majikx

Hey guys I have been chatting with hotbodies and am trying to line up a group buy, they have a BOGO going on right now, and I think we can save some good money on shipping. Please let me know if your interested and what kind of bodywork you are looking for. This can be a mix and match thing so you don't have to take 2 sets of the same bike..

PM me if your interested

Mike.

DMesher

Mike,

I was planning on ordering two sets, so add me to the group buy list. As you know, the order must be placed before the end of the month.

I have had problems getting the body work from HotBodies in California intact in the past (although HotBodies paid for all of the additional shipping/replacement piece costs (and chased their courier)), and I wound up with a bunch of cracked spare pieces. I think in the end, the process taught them how to package/ship things properly. A group buy might help...

Darel

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I'm in. One set of 2013 honda cbr600rr fairings please. lemme know when and where to send cash.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I'm I'm as well.

I need 3 sets of 2013 Honda CBR600RR bodywork with superbike tail.

And one set of 2011 BMW S1000RR bodywork with superbike tail.

Let me know when and where to send the money, thanks Mike.

DMesher

how much are we looking at for a set shipped?

Depends on the shipping method, and the bodywork selected of course, but it would be about (US$700 / 2 + US$50) per set... So about US$400 (+GST, +clips, +windscreen etc. etc.) without a group discount....it will be interesting to see what the discount will be.

Darel

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I'm am curious as to what kind of deal we can get for shipping. Our dollar is hurting badly right now.

blam

Administrator
yeah, I am in the same boat as neil...

if the difference is not drastic between the hot bodies and a flexi glass set, I would just spend the little extra on the flexi glass.

DMesher

Yes, The US exchange is tough...however I looked at the FlexiGlass site long and hard (cause I am a 'buy Canadian' kinda guy) and at $800/set +shipping it would cost $1,700+ for two sets delivered (before the extras) and I'm hoping I can get 2 sets from HotBodies for under CDN$1,000 (with slightly reduced shipping) which about the same as the last time I ordered.

The good thing is, we only have to buy body work once...cause it lasts forever.....

Darel

Last edited:

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Im interested in a set for my 500....
Do they charge duty/tax/brokerage fee? who is the shipping carrier?

majikx

please PM me your full name and model of bikes so I can get a better shipping quote, please and thank you.

Mike

G.NYUS

I'm also interested in seeing what the price is.
When I inquired just as a BOGO from Sportbike Track Gear for myself, the guy said it would be cheaper to come pick it up. Lol. $350 per kit for shipping.....

Hopefully buying direct as a group buy would be way better.

I would be looking for a 2011 ZX-10R.

Thanks!

DMesher

The last time I took advantage of the HotBodies 2for1 sale (3 years ago), I paid about US$80 per set to have them couriered (UPS 7-10 days ground service) directly from HotBodies in CA to my house. So about US$860 total for two sets.

Darel

Last edited:

majikx

Hey everyone, just a quick update. We are looking into a container so we can save on shipping for the bodywork. I will know in a couple days what the price will be.

Thank you for your patience, and I will do everything I can to help the EMRA members get some better pricing on parts for the next season.

Mike

majikx

Ok guys, Hotbodies got back to me with a shipping quote.

FedEx - $1803.50 (14 Single sets)
ABF - $2262.80 (20 ft Container - 82 sets)
ABF - $5744.25 (40 ft Container - 164 sets)
NDO - $1696.25 (2 pallets - 16 sets)
NDO - $3731.75 (10 pallets - 80 sets)
NDO - $5801.75 (20 pallets - 160 sets)

We currently have 15 sets spoken for.

With the shipping and the US dollar exchange as of this morning it is looking like 619 shipped for a set of bodywork.
Now if you get 2 sets then it would be 553 shipped

The Canadian Dollar is killing us for Race parts.

Please let me know if you are interested in ordering by this friday so we can get this on the go.
This will leave time for anyone else if there isnt a group buy to still get the BOGO sale by the weekend.

Thanks guys.

Mike