Racing suits one or two piece

ScottB

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can send me in the right direction. I'm taking the race school this year and hope to get into at least a couple novice races. I need a leather suit and have only found that Joe rocket 5.0 two piece and the cortec one piece are made in my size 52+. I'm partial to the Rocket two piece due to the price. Will either of these meet requirements? Or does anybody know of some other affordable brands? Thanks,

yak

I do not have first hand experience with either suit, but to answer your basic question: yes both of these suits appear to meet the requirements set out in the rule book.

See Section 4.2

• Suits must be of leather.
  • Suits must be either one-piece or two-piece. If a two-piece suit is worn the jacket and pants must be securely fastened to each other over their full circumference.

i don't know if your ordering a suit or trying to find one that fits but i know SCONA CYCLE on whyte ave caries a couple alpinestar suits in a couple different sizes you could go and try on and see what kind of pricing they can give you

2 piece work but they do carry a lot extra bulk around the waist. It makes it a bit harder to tuck behind the bubble and they are a bit harder to move in as the cut is not a race cut.
A one piece is typically a little different cut for the track. They allow for a better fit and movement.
In a crash a two piece can incur more damage around the waist because of the bulk. Also ensure the joining zipper is sewn to the leather and not sewn to a liner type material. If it is sewn to the liner it will not hold very well in a crash.

DEFBOY35

Another option which is cheaper than some of the other off the rack suits on the market is to go with a custom fit suit from pilot Motorsports. They're o great work. They also do half and half sizing so if a 52 bottom fit setter and a 54 top fits better they can combine the two sizes. Or full custom which uses all of your measurements.

sv-racing-parts

Racing Suits

:) Another option that will be a lot friendlier to you and your Canadian $ is to contact Josh at Rubber Side Down in Vancouver BC, He can ship to you easily and does Custom Race Suits,

http://rubbersidedown.ca/

Prices are in Canadian $

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

bgo62

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can send me in the right direction. I'm taking the race school this year and hope to get into at least a couple novice races. I need a leather suit and have only found that Joe rocket 5.0 two piece and the cortec one piece are made in my size 52+. I'm partial to the Rocket two piece due to the price. Will either of these meet requirements? Or does anybody know of some other affordable brands? Thanks,

Check out Turple bros in Red Deer I think they have some joe rocket 1 & 2 Pc suits in your size range ....and probably at clear out pricing .

ScottB

Wow, thanks for all the help, I just talked to Josh at Rubberside Down, gonna go for that option

sv-racing-parts

Wow, thanks for all the help, I just talked to Josh at Rubberside Down, gonna go for that option

:) That is Awesome Scott, I will contact Josh as well and let him know to take especially good care of you.

It is always a pleasure to help out anyone I can at EMRA. I have way too many good memories of riding and racing and providing track side support to the EMRA members and volunteers,

Blair

ScottB

Thanks Blair it's greatly appreciated. This is a dream coming true for me and I want to make sure I do it right! I'll make sure to come by at the track and say thanks in person.

Take care,
Scott

sv-racing-parts

Thanks Blair it's greatly appreciated. This is a dream coming true for me and I want to make sure I do it right! I'll make sure to come by at the track and say thanks in person.

Take care,
Scott

:) Let me know whenever you need or want any parts for your bike Scott and I will help you get it all put together right,

You can Email me Directly with any questions or needs at [email protected]

Blair

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Scott, Happy to help you out anytime.

Anyone looking for Woodcraft Shark Fins, Brake Lever Guard sets, Engine Covers, Frame Sliders, Swing Arm Sliders, and Bar End Slider sets etc, I have lots ready to go out to you right away,

Contact me anytime you like at [email protected] for a fast reply

Blair