Recommendations for rear sets, 2015 s1000rr

d.b

Hi all, I'm looking to get some rearsets for my bike, mostly I want to get my leg up higher to the tank as I'm short (5'7"), so I'm looking for rearsets that will be able to adjust higher. I'm hoping this helps me grip the tank with my outside leg better, so I can get off the bike more. (Does that even sound reasonable? :) ).

Looking around online though it's difficult to understand what the adjustment range is of various different kinds. (woodcraft, lightech, R&G, etc)

Any suggestions/advice?

blam

Administrator
i have the same struggle as you on my honda. (i'm 5-6 with midget legs)

i went with woodcrafts, however you might prefer vortex as they allow more adjust-ability,

blam

Administrator
Hmm, I don't see that Vortex makes any for my bike. Am I missing them?

your bike may be too new. let me help you solve this problem by trading you for my 07 honda - the possibilities will be endless!

blam

Administrator
my only caution to you when buying rearsets is becareful of the wording on construction.

being CNC or milled from aluminum does not necessarily mean from BILLET aluminum.

my friend had some rearsets (gilles tooling) that advertised it was CNC'd from aircraft aluminum and when he crashed, it was clearly milled from cast aluminum which is significantly weaker.

I only mention this because R&G does not make mention of billet.

d.b

my only caution to you when buying rearsets is becareful of the wording on construction.

being CNC or milled from aluminum does not necessarily mean from BILLET aluminum.

my friend had some rearsets (gilles tooling) that advertised it was CNC'd from aircraft aluminum and when he crashed, it was clearly milled from cast aluminum which is significantly weaker.

I only mention this because R&G does not make mention of billet.

Interesting, thanks. I emailed R&G to ask... :)

DMesher

Interesting, thanks. I emailed R&G to ask... :)

As was pointed out...No Vortex rearsets for post-2014 S1000RRs. I have them for the 2012 and would have preferred them for the 2016.

I would imagine they will produce them once they realize the frame is changed and the 2014's wont fit on a 2015+

Darel

Spooner

You could check with Bickle Racing. I know that Michael Leon and Black Young from CSBK, are both using his rear sets on their 2016 BMW's.

Might be a option?

~S

M87

My 2 cents.
I have had great luck with Attack Racing, although lately I have tried to reduce my crash testing program. Only problem is they aren't cheap.

DMesher

My 2 cents.
I have had great luck with Attack Racing, although lately I have tried to reduce my crash testing program. Only problem is they aren't cheap.

Yes, that is ALWAYS a consideration. Paying $800 for rearsets is bad enough the first time, but absolutely crippling the second (third..fourth...) time.

That's why I liked Vortex so much, you can buy any of the 'wearing' or 'user serviceable' part individually :) .

Darel

Last edited: