Set up

simpletty

Always having camped out at the track in the past what's everyone's take on setting up your pits and leaving your bike out overnight? Safe-not safe?? I would like to know what the the rule of thumb is. I would be heading back into the city and leaving my bike, canopy and trailer there. What do most people do? I guess I could be out at 7 every morning doing setup, but its a pita since Im doing the friday track day as well

Last edited:

blam

Administrator
I drop my canopy to the lowest height, tie it to my trailer (trailer reciever is locked)

I'm a bit anal, and this probably isnt necessary, but I chain my bike to my trailer (while its on stands)

i know lots of other guys dont do this

411ninja

I totally agree with blam. Make sure your canopy is down as far as it will go. We drove in one morning last year and there were about 3 tents twisted beyond repair. We also have a really good trailer lock, but overall there aren't many issues.

Framer

How early can we set up on Friday? Is early afternoon okay? I know track day is happening, but not sure what time folks start showing up for that. Thanks.

DEFBOY35

I am typically there by noon.
If you are there before and park wherever you feel like, expect the possibility of being asked kindly to move as to suit our parking needs to fit everybody.

Thank you.

If there are questions when you arrive find me and I'll do my best to get you sorted out