Picture Plaques and awards

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Hello everyone I hope you liked the hardware this year! Just in case there was confusion if your plaque didn't match what you expected I wanted to post about it...

So FYI, this year because there were only a few races which didn't have 5 riders or more in them, I did not include those results on the plaques. If there was 3 racers and you finished 3rd I figured it didn't need to be added. That being said, I understand now that if the race had 4 people and you finished 2nd it's still something to be proud of, I get that.
I guess in the past I was doing it for races with 3 or more. Either way, I believe this effects a few people who got plaques which would have a couple less finishes on them than they may have been expecting.

If you would like a new blue plate to place on the plaque, I'll talk to Columbia Awards about it. Please post in here if you want a new plaque to correct those podiums.

Also an FYI, the plaques cost $49 each, plus printing paper, ink, and we throw in a photo from Alana which could normally cost like $5 or $10 before printing? It takes hours and HOURS of time from myself and Jon haha trust me it's exhausting. Obviously not factoring in labour, the bare cost of these things is close to $60 each.
The reason I'm saying this is not to guilt you or anything if you want a change, it's because I want you all to know that the $20 is not buying a plaque. The $20 doesn't go into my pocket, or cover the hardware it's simply to help offset the cost of them a little, prevent people from asking for one and then never collecting it, and make sure it's not an extra waste of time etc. I wasn't sure if anyone knew why there was a $20 charge for them or not and I wanted to make sure you knew the reason was good in nature.

For the pictures, I had an email saved with the 5 or 6 of you who submitted your own pictures but I lost it and sadly (stupidly) I titled it "plaques"... well the search function in my email brought up 40 bajillion notes titled "plaques" and I was running out of time to get the pictures to Jon to print last week. I'm sorry if your plaque doesn't have the right picture in it, but you can probably pop those tacks out and replace it if you print a new one. I would but we used all the printer paper and it's expensive to just print a couple more pictures. Again, real sorry but I promise we picked a picture which we thought you looked awesome in!

Anyways TL;DR - if the podiums aren't correct on your plaque and you want all of them you had (even the ones with less than 5 participants) then let me know and I'll look into getting a replacement. If your picture is wrong, I'm sorry but the clubs not buying a package of printer paper and ink for a couple pictures. Me love you though.

bgo62

I have to say that all the plaques & trophies look awesome this year . Mine was missing a little something but im not losing sleep over it as i know all the time & money & effort that is put into all this . I have to say thanks again to the Emra Exe Board for selecting a great venue & putting on a great Banquet .
Cheers Everyone

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Good work on the trophies Brian, and solid second place as MC, job well done!

I heard someone misspelt Brian on one of the pictures, how could such a thing happen?