RACE DAY PARKING

Last round was horrible for parking with trailers and trucks everywhere.

can we make some changes to parking and let people know about it?
I love the idea- " first come first serve " the first people there get to pick there parking stall is great.
I guess the frustration are the guys in the second last row to the south that back there trailers in ( north to south ) and pit from behind there trailer ( to the south ) and there overall length seems to be about 60 feet, they leave there truck parked there so others cant pit there. I think we need to find a uniform way of parking trailers east and west and putting there tent on the sides of there trailer instead of the end and aswell unhitching them from the truck and parking there trucks somewhere else.

It was very frustrating trying to navigate the clutter and wasted space there was all weekend,
if you guys need help with this issue Im open to ideas

DEFBOY35

All tow vehicles are to be parked on the drag return road against the wall.

As I said in the riders meeting. There were people who were asked multiple times to move. They did not. Next round of asked more than twice you will just be asked to leave.
There was a lot of wasted space for sure. With how the set up etc went on the last round not being a normal set up I think it definitely added to this. Generally it's less of a herding cats scenario as people slowly trickle in throughout the day.

That being said next round is a double header and I'm sure it will be a gong show on Thursday night after the drifters are done

We are always open to help with the parking etc.

Cinder

we we're lucky last round to be able to use all the tree line, but next round will be different
I saw a lot of truck & trailer parked in the big rig section with they should have park in the "other section"
As well the second row (1st next to big rig) one half was trailer and other half was the trucks which like Shane mention should have been park on the drag return line.

DEFBOY35

We could probably fit a couple extra big trailers in if people pitted at the front of the trailers instead of beside their trailers as well.
Because as you mentioned. We will only have approximately half of that space we had last round.

I like the input guys- if u need a hand let me know I would be more than willing to be vocal - or be ur legs ( shane ) I do like the idea of pitting to the SMALL door side of ur trailer and not taking up all the room with pitting with ur tent on the end of your trailer ( BIG DOOR)

electrobiker86

In my experience, if the parking is not managed or layed out, it will always be chaos at best. First come first served is a common way of doing things, it does provide some challenges however.

As former facility manager of the Royal Glenora, I can attest that once the parking lines were covered with snow, it was like no one had ever parked in their own lot before. These are regular people in their own parking lot; lanes turn into parking areas, and the spots grow to about 3 times the regular size.

Couple ideas to float out there, probably been out there before...

If I understand correctly, the regular car folks have purchased and assigned pit spots.

Being a bit of a space hog myself; personally I would pay the club a premium for a "double" or an assigned "RV" spot. I do feel guilty using 2 spots with RV and trailer when others are made to park elsewhere, and I have the 2nd smallest RV in existence. Perhaps my gate fee should be double, or more than, that of a person using just a trailer parking spot. Some trailers are 2 spots on their own, but everyone pays the same. If pit size was related to money; perhaps some would not spread so far out, while others may double up into 1 pit space, to save money and space.

Even if money was left out of a possible solution, chaos would be reduced greatly if the "regulars" always went to the same pit spot all year, is an assigned pit spot for most a possibility?

DEFBOY35

For the most part regulars do typically pit in the same spot all year.

The issue with being able to purchase a double spot is that if too many purchase a double spot then there won't be enough room for everyone. We have proven that even with 112 racers we can make it work if everyone does their part by not leaving the tow vehicles in the pit. There was almost an entire row the last round being taken up by tow vehicles that were asked to move. Others moved their tow vehicles. But put them in spots they were not allowed to park. Which will be a big deal for the remainder of the season. Or they simply moved to another row that should have been put space.

I'd be interested to know if Castrol would allow us to make some small paint marks to better mark out the parking.

electrobiker86

I'd be interested to know if Castrol would allow us to make some small paint marks to better mark out the parking.

Would make it easier to keep consistent size rows and lanes.

M87

Shane, I appreciate that you and the exec do a good job but there are some things that are out of your control.
I have been guilty in the past of leaving my tow vehicle in the pits but on those occasions when I have been asked to move I have done so.The fact that people are asked to move their tow vehicles but still do not troubles me.
Perhaps they are unclear as to where the approved parking is, I know when I had to move I found it very difficult to find a spot.
I've looked on this site but can't find a map of the approved areas, I though tI saw one before.

DEFBOY35

Mike. When I asked them to move. I informed them of where they could park. So there is little to no excuse.

As well there is a parking map that goes with every tech bulletin that is posted. That is most likely where you have seen it.

Jason Henton

I think part of the problem is that each weekend there is a different variety of trailers/pit setups which makes it almost impossible to pre plan a layout. The only way it works is if we all work together. That said, I am sure some of the better laid out pits can lend some inspiration to minimize wasted space.

Jason Henton

Also, if someone has a trailer dolly that they would lend out while they were at the track that may help arranging the smaller trailers into better formation..

Jefferson

EMRA Executive Member
A large part of the issue is people just not knowing where to park. Many people i asked while they were parking didn't even look at the map included with the round one tech bulletin, so people were just parking wherever. Someone at the entrance (to the road course pits) guiding people would make life a lot easier and more organized i think.

A large part of the issue is people just not knowing where to park. Many people i asked while they were parking didn't even look at the map included with the round one tech bulletin, so people were just parking wherever. Someone at the entrance (to the road course pits) guiding people would make life a lot easier and more organized i think.

Only thing is everyone wants to pit with friend or they are holding spots, if we just have a uniform way of parking a trailer and can make that work then great. would be nice to look down an alley way and see a huge line of tents in a row instead of 2 tents then 3 trucks and then a tent trailer and 6 more tents, just a waste. its also hard cause some people want specific spots

DEFBOY35

that just shows that not enough people are actually reading the tech bulletins though.

Everyone should be reading them when they come out. There often times is very valuable information.

The last round as stated was a bit of an exception in regards to set up and hopefully it doesn't become the normal. Having everyone waiting to get in all at once causes its own issues. Especially while we are trying to get track set up etc done at the same time.
But if we do run into a situation as such again n the future we will have to do one or two at a time

Cinder

Like Shane said, tech pre-round tech bulletin has all the info and parking layout... I know i probably have the biggest trailer but when me & my team setting up we fir 3-4 bikes under 2 tents and my awning. Is it possible ( at a certain time-like at the registration closure ) that motorsportreg would be able to mass email all register racer the tech bulletin/parking layout ?

blam

Administrator
Like Shane said, tech pre-round tech bulletin has all the info and parking layout... I know i probably have the biggest trailer but when me & my team setting up we fir 3-4 bikes under 2 tents and my awning. Is it possible ( at a certain time-like at the registration closure ) that motorsportreg would be able to mass email all register racer the tech bulletin/parking layout ?
Yes. This was already the plan for round 2/3

the tech bulletins are also posted on facebook, the forum, and instagram.

It just boils down to the fact that no one reads anymore. the amount of questions I receive that have answers clearly displayed within the registration pages is quite high.