Pit layout/parking

Jason Henton

Doing a little thinking about the questions/issues brought up in another thread about parking layout. Is there a specific purpose for the area east of the drag strip bleachers? It's not labeled (boxed in) in the tech bulletin and seems to be a relatively large area.

DEFBOY35

That is pit area / volunteer parking as well. The only thing is to make sure there is a passage through to the drag return.

Last edited:

blam

Administrator
Doing a little thinking about the questions/issues brought up in another thread about parking layout. Is there a specific purpose for the area east of the drag strip bleachers? It's not labeled (boxed in) in the tech bulletin and seems to be a relatively large area.
not sure which tech bulletin youre looking at, but a new map/tech belletin will be coming out soon

blam

Administrator
I see the new " reserved " layout , who are they reserved for ?

the reserved spots are for execs that have duties that require them be in ideal places, as we typically run our duties out of our pits to avoid running around the pits to help others. you will also notice the reserved areas are typically occupied by exec every race round. it keeps things consistent for the riders to find exec. if an exec members ends up getting pitted at the back of the pits its a time restraint and a hassle if they are required somewhere near track.

for example:
shane and eric are riders reps. easiest to keep them up front near the track.
Owen: does the BBQ by his pits, makes it easier to not have to wheel the BBQ around.
Myself: I do registration pick ups, transponders and other reg items from my pits.

Jason Henton

not sure which tech bulletin youre looking at, but a new map/tech belletin will be coming out soon
The area I was specifying is now labeled "overflow vehicle parking" (looks like a mobile burger shack parked in the middle of it) beside the "Friday track day parking" in the newest tech bulletin. I wasn't sure if this was allowable pit area or reserved for vehicle parking.

DEFBOY35

Pit space takes priority in my opinion. There is plenty of parking for tow vehicles and plenty of spectator parking in the designated areas.

blam

Administrator
what shaner said.

every round we hear the same comments from the riders "parking is a gong show, there are vehicles everywhere"

we need to make the pits as organized as possible and get people the space they need.

DEFBOY35

Exactly blam. So that being said. If someone is asked to move their tow vehicle etc. please listen to those trying to make the pits as organized as possible.
If you don't want to listen you may be told to leave.

electrobiker86

I hope the cones come back to divide the lot, many were looking for the cones round 1, since there was none it was thought to be an open lot so to speak. At least that was the common excuse given when I asked them to park by the bleachers. No one gave me grief though.

electrobiker86

the reserved spots are for execs that have duties that require them be in ideal places, as we typically run our duties out of our pits to avoid running around the pits to help others. you will also notice the reserved areas are typically occupied by exec every race round. it keeps things consistent for the riders to find exec. if an exec members ends up getting pitted at the back of the pits its a time restraint and a hassle if they are required somewhere near track.

for example:
shane and eric are riders reps. easiest to keep them up front near the track.
Owen: does the BBQ by his pits, makes it easier to not have to wheel the BBQ around.
Myself: I do registration pick ups, transponders and other reg items from my pits.
Should be some perks for running the club!

DEFBOY35

I hope the cones come back to divide the lot, many were looking for the cones round 1, since there was none it was thought to be an open lot so to speak. At least that was the common excuse given when I asked them to park by the bleachers. No one gave me grief though.

I appreciate the help!! The majority of people by now should know to look for the end of the painted lines. And that's as far as we can go.
Round 1 with the unusual set up also made pit set up a bit of a nightmare. It's a lot easier to deal with a few at a time throughout the day.

That being said. I imagine that Thursday night after the drifters will be similar.
Everyone please have patience and work with us to help get everyone in as orderly as possible!!

electrobiker86

I appreciate the help!! The majority of people by now should know to look for the end of the painted lines. And that's as far as we can go.
Round 1 with the unusual set up also made pit set up a bit of a nightmare. It's a lot easier to deal with a few at a time throughout the day.

That being said. I imagine that Thursday night after the drifters will be similar.
Everyone please have patience and work with us to help get everyone in as orderly as possible!!

I think most people I dealt with were coming to watch throughout the day, some seemed new andt lost, many did know about the cones though so it wasn't their first time. I have never come to just watch, is there direction at the gate where to park?

electrobiker86

there are some perks for them to be running the club, they don't pay race fees.. Although I don't think that is enough for the amount of work they put in.
It is definitely not enough, in my opinion anyway. Takes a lot of time effort and commitment to keep a volunteer club running.

411ninja

If you have spectators coming to watch you race it would be great if you could tell them to park in the large gravel parking lot and walk over. As a club we have grown and we need all of our allotted area for pits.They can pay the EMRA fee at the main Castrol gate.
I don't consider the reserved parking to be a perk so much as an easy way for riders to consistently find the exec they need each round.