New Award for 2018- Most Outstanding Racer

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
We have been tossing around the idea of adding another award to be handed out at the banquet for a couple years now. We have 3 'good guy' awards already, Intermediate and Expert rookie of the year awards, and the most improved award, all of those are basically as voted by the EMRA Executive. But there still seems to be a gap there. Sometimes the points and other numbers don't always add up in a way that properly reflects the accomplishments of a rider, the hope is this award will recognize that sort of thing. We are always looking for new ways to involve our EMRA community and feel having the racers vote makes this award a little extra special for the recipient. Nominations will take place here on the forum but voting will be live at the banquet in an online poll.

So, starting this year we would like to recognize the efforts of the "Most Outstanding Racer" as voted by his or her fellow racers. If you have raced with the EMRA this year please nominate one current fellow racer here for their skill, tenacity, courage, determination and/or other accomplishments on track. We will compile the nominations and create an online poll for voting on the banquet night.

Take your time, make the nomination count. Our man in charge of trophies will make an extra special trophy design for this one. I can't wait to see what you guys and girls come up with!

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Yeah and if anyone has a suggestion for what they think a trophy like this should look like, please get in touch with me with your ideas and forms of inspiration! I'd like to get the ball rolling on this ASAP because custom trophies take a bit longer to dream up, design and produce.

Thanks!
-Brian Worsdall 780-257-9388

electrobiker86

Well, what a great idea! I will kick off the nominations.
While I am sure many are deserving, and I have not met all; the individual that first comes to mind that I have seen represent the listed qualities, plus willing to assist with anything and all around great guy is... drum roll please.....

Xavier Cartron

electrobiker86

Yeah and if anyone has a suggestion for what they think a trophy like this should look like, please get in touch with me with your ideas and forms of inspiration! I'd like to get the ball rolling on this ASAP because custom trophies take a bit longer to dream up, design and produce.

Thanks!
-Brian Worsdall 780-257-9388

Just to throw an idea out there, perhaps this award is worthy of prize, as opposed to trophy. Less work to pick a prize than design a trophy.

Plaque with an action shot or a pit rider / bike pic on it would be my choice, if trophy is desired.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I'd like to nominate Tosh, for obvious reasons, mostly because he rides a Honda. He is also a great rider constantly improving his times and results. Competing in some of the toughest classes, he is a positive guy, and has volunteered a ton of time for the club, all while being a great dad for his family at the track.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I'll toss a couple more names in the hat.

Eric Russnak -- Always willing to help anyone, very knowledgeable, manages a tough (and honestly kinda crappy job on the exec - air fence), races 5 or 6 races a day, has made big improvements, rides safe and every year he rebuilds a bike because someone piles into the back of him haha

Also Jeff Sanderson because the fukin guy is flying out there already. First season with the EMRA. Started novice in round 1 doing 1:33's and was getting podiums in intermediate superbike in round 4 running 1:24's i believe. His body position is good and he's smooth, no crashing either. As far as i know he hasn't taken any OTP skill builders so i give him credit for watching, learning and applying a good technique. Good stuff 'thumbs up'

marmstro

EMRA Executive Member
This is a tough one. So many great people that are great all round racers. That I have personal experiences with.

Brian Worsdall, Eric Russnak, Shane Fraser, Tricia Reese, Brian Oxtoby, and so on. But if I am to choose one, it would be Brian Lam.

He always looks good on track, goes fast even though he`s on a Honda, and he`s been very encouraging to me personally.

Last edited:

S-african

I may not be racing anymore, and definitely won't win this award, but i think it would be good to rename it "The Sean Henderson" award. If not re-naming this award, then make an Award called "The Sean Henderson" award, and fill the criteria with something that Sean brought to the EMRA. Racing is a small community, and we should do something to remember him/honour him. my 2c

Julien

The Sean Henderson award seems awesome and would be fitting.
It could be based on skill, spirit, helfullness in the pits and general awesome behaviour

S-african

Could we have some input from the Execs please. What does it take to create a Sean Henderson award? I'm willing to donate money toward a nice floating trophy that can be awarded each year.