What to bring/required for Track Attack

Ducbert

Coming back, doing a track day on May 31st then June 22/23rd. Bought my tix through Castrol, paid for my annual membership.

Besides all my gear/bike what am I forgetting? Its a been a few years, want to make sure I didn't forget something. Is there food at Castrol?

Also, for the Track Attacks, when do gates open?

electrobiker86

Coming back, doing a track day on May 31st then June 22/23rd. Bought my tix through Castrol, paid for my annual membership.

Besides all my gear/bike what am I forgetting? Its a been a few years, want to make sure I didn't forget something. Is there food at Castrol?

Also, for the Track Attacks, when do gates open?

Hey there,
Concession is hit and miss for Friday night track attacks, if it is cloudy or rainy and the drag strip is closed, likely no concession. Typically riders can start showing up Friday around noon for evening sessions, The June weekend I am not sure if Friday night is available for camping out, will depend on Castrol's rental schedule.

I always bring water, food, cash, fuel and most importantly Advil for the aches later.

macbayne

Hey Norbert, welcome back! Gates open at "4pm" and "7am." Just like the old strato days, it's not an exact science, just like riders meeting times. (no offense to the executive or Castrol gate workers, shit happens) The hardest thing coming back is remembering what to have in the toolbox. lol. Remember to bring the 10 and 12mm sockets. haha. Like electrobiker said, the concession is hit or miss, but there are plenty of places for food in Nisku, and you can make it there and back between sessions.

electrobiker86

Looking at old Hardnox posts, helmet and bike key are also on the list. For those hauling the bike I am assuming, lol. Tape for any glass. You may be booed if you have a K&N oil filter, as they were banned from racing after causing a crash.

blam

Administrator
Looking at old Hardnox posts, helmet and bike key are also on the list. For those hauling the bike I am assuming, lol. Tape for any glass. You may be booed if you have a K&N oil filter, as they were banned from racing after causing a crash.
exec should probably talk to castrol and update the requirements for this imho.....even for a track day they should be banned

Ducbert

Thanks guys. I don't oil my filters, bike is tech'd for race.

I'll grab some food on the way.

Gates open at 4 doesn't give much time for setup and getting stuff on warmers etc does it? I heard some folks head down early, is that to help setup Air Fence? I have the afternoon off, so I don't mind coming out to help if I can get in earlier.

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member
Air fence setup is Thursday evening starting at 5. Will be a post in the volunteer section shortly.

Typically people start randomly showing up mid afternoon.