EMRA COVID 19 Policies and information

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Hey folks just wanted to give everyone a heads up in regards to new EMRA COVID-19 policies and information. There's also a few Stratotech policies thrown in for good mix. These are the policies that will be put in place and everyone will be expected to follow if they want to race/ride at the track. Things are going to be quite a bit different, but what isn't these days? Save your internet conspiracy theories and alternative fact science for your next Flat Earther/Anti-vaxxer meeting convention. These are what we have to do to go racing this season. This entire COVID 19 situation is constantly changing, so these policies may also change. Any constructive input or advice is welcomed, send me a PM, or email or txt and I'll get back to you. Patience and positive energy is what we will need on race weekends. Lets do this right and get on track!

The following are policies for riders and crew:

-FACE MASKS MANDADTORY FOR RIDERS MEETING! We ask only riders attend riders meeting.
-93 db at 100' SOUND LIMIT STRICTLY ENFORCED.
-1 BIKE/RIDER PER POP UP TENT.
-Washable non-medical masks, and gloves, provided to volunteers workers and crew upon request. Please feel free to bring your own as well.
-Hand washing stations on site.
-Hand sanitizer available on site.
-Online waiver signing with onsite at the track check in. Hard copy/paper waivers will not be available on site.
-Pit location will be staggered to provide additional physical distancing.
-Rider, crew member(s) and spectators MUST pre register for event.
-Anyone not preregistered will not be allow at our event.
-All rider and crew contact info and emergency contact info can be provided to AHS upon request.
-Social distanced track set up/tear down.
- Zero contact tech inspection. Bikes must be adequately spaced and lined up at Tech. Lowers removed, rider gear out in plain sight.
-Riders meeting will be physically spaced out. All riders are still required to attend in person. A full roll call can be taken.
-Pre-grid locations will be marked to maintain physical distancing.
-Grids and Results will be online ONLY.
-No cash on site.
-No volunteers BBQ.
-COVID 19 policies added to riders meeting.
-COVID 19 medical Screening by track staff and ambulance crews.
-Ambulance site will be for Authorized personnel only.
-Vendor sites will be marked for social distancing, drop off and pick up racks will be clearly marked.
-All riders and crew should remain in their pit. Limit interaction to essential needs only (i.e. Restroom). Racers and crew who ‘shelter’ together can stay together. Anyone staying overnight at the facility is required to respect the Alberta Government Mandated Physical Distancing.
-Camping over night is permitted, NO TENTING.
-RV or Motorhome are required to respect the Alberta Government Mandated Physical Distancing; failure to adhere to all regulations will result in immediate expulsion from the facility, multiple infractions will result in all overnight/camping privileges to be indefinitely suspended-FOR EVERYONE!
-Failure to adhere to all regulations will result in immediate expulsion from the facility.
-Pit bikes are allowed again. You MUST wear a helmet at all times and keep your obnoxiously loud pit bikes at home at home. Walking pace in pit areas.
-Dogs are allowed but please keep pets on leashes and pick up after your pet. Please remember to respect the social distancing requirements of pet owners and their pets.
-Grandstands and viewing platform will be opened up, social distancing must be maintained. Please remember how easy it is to appear to be not respecting social distancing from those location. It looks very bad on the EMRA and Castrol Raceway if pictures make their way online or in the media of large groups of people in these locations, so please be extra mindful.
-Feel free to make social media posts, but please be mindful of public perception in regards to social distancing. Keep posts polite and positive and respectful of social distancing rules.
-As per AHS guidance we are allowed unlimited participants and crew for safe operation of vehicles as long as social distancing can be maintained.
-As per AHS guidance we are allowed 200 Spectators. There will be very limited interaction between participants and spectators.
-Participants will be able to leave and re-enter the facility. Please remember to bring proper identification and proof of participation in the days events with you. The track has new capacities, if you leave and it fills up you might not get back in. Best to be fully prepared for a full day at the track.
-Crew and spectators will now pay a $10 gate fee, to be paid online, no cash on site. This includes Motorcycle Track Attacks.
-1 volunteer for crash truck driving, 1 volunteer in truck bed, 1 volunteer in crash trailer.
-Individually wrapped volunteer lunches provided.
-Water bottles distributed out to volunteers.
-Volunteers maintain physical distance at flag stations.
-Volunteers have NO contact with riders.
-COVID 19 policies added to volunteer safety meeting.

budoka

I don't see anything listed for us track day members that wish to set up/camp in the pit area for two day events as we used to...

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I don't see anything listed for us track day members that wish to set up/camp in the pit area for two day events as we used to...

RV’s & Motorhomes: Competitors are required to respect the Alberta Government Mandated Physical Distancing; failure to adhere to all regulations will result in immediate expulsion from the facility, multiple infractions will result in all overnight/camping privileges to be indefinitely suspended-FOR EVERYONE!

Basically, no tenting, your trailer is your home, same rules apply there.

Last edited:

budoka

Sorry if I missed it in the read, appreciate the reply! For sure the rules will need to be strictly adhered to. Trust me, I have lots of practice from controlling our customers at work. Nobody wants their privileges revoked I'm sure.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
So does this mean round 1 is a go?
Stay tuned, we need to nail this first track attack weekend and show that we can operate an event adhering to the guidelines mandated by AHS and the government. If everyone follows the policies, and maintain their distancing, etc etc then its going to be much more likely to have round 1 without any objections.

budoka

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed, Justin also said he'd email me if he heard anything Was damn unfair of AHS to shut the first weekend down. Don't suppose Colin or anyone at Castrol offered a refund for the booking?

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Thanks for that. Fingers crossed, Justin also said he'd email me if he heard anything Was damn unfair of AHS to shut the first weekend down. Don't suppose Colin or anyone at Castrol offered a refund for the booking?

Actually Castrol was more than fair, anyone riding that Saturday where we got shut down was offered some credit towards another day and anyone booked for the following sunday was offered a full refund.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I cleaned up this thread a bit.. or at least tried to. Give the rules a read and familiarize yourself with them. COVID is on the rise guys. Like or not, believe it or not.

We will be strict about social distancing, no sharing pit tents, masks at riders meetings. Lets all have fun, please follow the rules above.