Tire vendors and users.

jackson

What tires are available trackside and what are the fast guys using there? Does the track have alot of traction and what compounds generally work best?

jetfixer15

Pirelli, Micheline and Bridgestone are sold at the track. There are fast guys on all three brands. I use Pirelli's so I can only say what compounds are genrally used and that's SC1 fronts and SC2 rears. The track has a grippy surface and provides good traction.

Ducatidaddi

All the race tires are faster than MOST of the guys out there. 3 great brands sold at the track. 3 great guys representing the tires. Almost all the same price. It will be personal preference or if you happen to know or be friends with one of the dealers.

My choice is based on knowing the supplier and his dad for 20 years and them being great guys. The other 2 dealers I have known for 2 years....AND THEY ARE GREAT GUYS TOO!

Really fast experts get preferences because they are good enough to notice the subtle differences. For the rest of us.. there is Mastercard.

Good luck and pick any of the 3 and you cannot go wrong.

PS: I run Pirelli for the reasons above but would be just as old and slow on any other brand.:eek:

fask

Soft front, medium rear is generally the norm. The track surface has more grip that most and thus tends to be abit harder on tyres that what you may be used to... that being said, on warm days you can run medium front hard rear with good results, in my opinion.