How is the Rider(s) who fell in Turn One?

gt750

After watching the incident in Turn 1 yesterday, I was wondering if the Riders involved were o.k.? Was also wondering if they'd let us know what happened? I am just a retired Racer, spectating. Thanks for your help. Was great seeing ALL the Racers yesterday. Thanks.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I believe you mean turn two? After the back straight? he’s okay, he suffered a concussion and was bruised up and even a bit of road rash on his arm from his suit ripping but he’ll be okay. We transferred him to hospital to get checked out, monitored carefully and make sure that the head injury didn’t result in anything worse or that he didn’t have any broken bones elsewhere.

I spoke to him on the phone yesterday and he’s feeling the post-concussion hangover blues but he’ll be alright.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
As far as what happened, locked the front on the brakes going into the corner and went down. His bike kept sliding and caught the rear tire of another rider which caused him to fall as well (rider was totally okay). Unfortunate, but could have been worse.

gt750

Nasty looking incident. Glad all are recovering. Hopefully the Gixxer will live to fight another day. Appreciate the update.