FS: 2005 CBR600RR, non-repairable

Mastard

$2500.

Bike was seized from bike theft ring and given an Alberta assigned VIN, with non-repairable status. It is a fully functional bike, with no damage to it. Never down, just stolen. It is completely stock besides the Arata exhaust. 3048km!! Perfect track bike. No fairings, but for $80, fast316 (Jon) has a full set of race fairings for it. Pictures will be up later this week.

Last edited:

JDS

Thats wierd. I bought a R1 that had been stolen.(no damage) It also has a new Alberta VIN. But this R1 can be put back on the street. Why is this Honda non repairable?

Mastard

It seems that the insurance adjusters/ underwriters... or whoever makes the call, does so very subjectively. It's also very common to see a bike written off as non-repairable, when it's mainly fairing damage and minor components only.

JDS

Yes. I have seen lots of those. But if they gave it a new VIN then one would think its streetable. A theft recovery without any damage should be a good usable street bike.

Have U phoned Alberta registries with the new VIN to see what the status on that bike is?

Mastard

IMG_3719b.jpg

IMG_3722b.jpg

IMG_3720b.jpg

FrozenInCND

My Ducati was the same way, no damage anywhere on it except for a few light scratches on the fairing that are not visible at ten feet away. Before I bought the bike I did a VIN check, and they clam there is $11000 in damage? I think it’s crazy that an insurance company will right off a bike on looks alone not mechanical shape, and you wonder why our insurance is so high.

oldskool

Wow, that's a nice bike for a sweet deal. Good luck with the sale, I wish I could buy 2 or 3 of these things, they are simply awesome.;)

the intern

Does the bike run? I'm not seeing a dashboard in the pictures, is that included? I'm in Calgary, but can come meet you as soon as friday evening. Do you have a phone number I can reach you at?

Mastard

Thanks to "the intern" for buying this bike!

I will have another non-repairable 2005 CBR600RR up for sale soon. I swapped the salvage title frame from this bike and put it on another bike to get road worthy. It is an insurance write-off. Details soon.