Rd2 Turn 2 vid

racer51

Wow...not much doubt as to cause with this footage... Really a shame for Pete. That's sure a weird front end tuck by Adam's honda. It looks like he just fell over.

oldskool

Wow...not much doubt as to cause with this footage... Really a shame for Pete and Jules.

That goes for both videos.

Oh well, we all have to learn somehow, though it may take me longer as I've been told I'm sketchy and on the verge of out of control....lol:D

Dean

wierd crash by Adam! It almost looks like it was HE and not his bike that took out the back tire of Pete's bike. I saw the previous vid of the tail piece flying, but your footage make the tail section look wild!

firestorm

Adam said he'd been having issues with his front brakes sticking. Didn't talk with him after the crash but maybe that had something to do with it.

racer51

Adam said he'd been having issues with his front brakes sticking. Didn't talk with him after the crash but maybe that had something to do with it.

Yikes....sticking brakes and he chose to race anyway? Sounds like a premeditated disaster.

I know I ate a $240 bill one race weekend last year when my RC51 kept leaking from the radiator. I chose not to endanger my fellow riders by deeming the leak "not that serious". Because I'd done one lap in practice...I got no refund at all...rules are rules.

Last edited:

jetfixer15

I was hit while turnng into turn 2 back in 2008. I am just glad Pete didn't break his collar bone like I did. Lorna is lucky she didn't loose her back end when it got hit.

Ducbert

I was going to say, by the looks of that front end. Front wheel lockup + turning = "Hulk Hogan" body slam.

Dean

I spoke with Adam about it yesterday. There is a lot more to it than what we've seen. He and Pete have spoke about it, and it was a combination of rider error on both parts. Adam locked the front to stop from t-boning Pete in turn 2. The bike was under extremely heavy braking when he lost the front. The tail of his bike hit Pete's back tire, thus causing it to launch 40 feet into the air. I believe that Adam is still a little sore after that crash. It beat him up pretty good.