Race stuff for sale

YZF1000jon

Don't push so hard so soon, and you'll stay upright longer. Rossi didn't become Rossi his first season...

tawheed

Jon, there was no pushing on my part.

The only pushing that went on was #675 Oates from Mission trying to push the nose of his bike up my a$$.

I never pushed over my limit, I was completely comfortable. Just other people think they should forget the brakes, close their eyes and pray when they overtake for 12th place.

A lot of people end up stopping due to this type of incident and I can't say I blame them.. At the end of the day it's CLUB level racing and being unsafe amongst your peers who, like you are just trying to enjoy their weekend is uncalled for.

YZF1000jon

Get a motard or a 10 year old bike and come play with us slow gentlemen. We'll be nice, won't we Tawheed.

The executive can not act unless there has been a formal complaint filed, by the way.

fask

Racing is going to give you the best and worst time of your life, somtimes simultaneously. That being said, if it dosen't kill you it will make you stronger. Cliche enough for you?
You contemplated/setup for racing for how many years before you actually did? And now in the span of weeks you are deciding to quit? I'm not trying to be critical of your choice but rather critical of the circumstances that i see as a 3rd party/fellow racer/friend. Many of us have had to cart her into work on a broken[insert bone and or appendage] and made it happen. Somtimes you loose your job over it, somtimes you find a better job than the one you had. That is just the way she goes... somtimes she goes, somtimes she doesn't go.
It's 2:30am... i have been either working in a machine shop or on my bike since 8am thismorning and this is the first break i have taken all day... alarm is set for 6:30am to goto the track tomorrow. Not sure how im going to sleep because i am that excited for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you at the track this weekend, please make sure you come by to say hello.

Spence

Ducatidaddi

Get a motard or a 10 year old bike and come play with us slow gentlemen. We'll be nice, won't we Tawheed.

The executive can not act unless there has been a formal complaint filed, by the way.

Hey hey!
It was in the sportsman's race where I got hit from behind AFTER the checker flag by someone from Mission........

$2000 hard parts ruined. $3000 of cosmetic damage. $700 Suomy helmet done.

Planepower

Its a shame to see you throw in the towel, but i totally understand - i too work on my feet, and with my hands, so i need 95% mobility. I was bothered by what i witnessed in my FIRST intermediate race (30+ of us), but i chose to back off, let anyone pass me on the brakes, and mid corner, and sit in the back 10. I was amazing to see how people from out of town rode, just on the warmup lap, when they were gridded behind me - that was enuf to know that i should just treat it as a track day.
Its making me re-think next year when Race City closes - is it going to be the same positive experience as it is now? And as for WCC series, ill just opt out, or settle for 2nd last place (not that im fast enough for anything else - lol).

If you stil need a 'hand' fixin that beast - let me know, offer still stands.

Juan42

Hey hey!
It was in the sportsman's race where I got hit from behind AFTER the checker flag by someone from Mission........

$2000 hard parts ruined. $3000 of cosmetic damage. $700 Suomy helmet done.

Yikes Joe ! $5700....Ouch !!!:eek: Sorry to hear that incident was so bad for your bike.

Ducatidaddi

The $3000 cosmetic damage will not get repaired. I will race a scarred bike.

The $2000 hard parts have been replaced and I bought a slightly less costly AGV helmet.

Parts for Ducati's are twice the price of a Japanese bike.

Juan42

Fixed it for ya Joe;)

The $3000 cosmetic damage will not get repaired. I will race a scarred bike.

The $2000 hard parts have been replaced and I bought a slightly less costly AGV helmet.

Parts for Ducati's are 10X the price of a Japanese bike.

Just kidding ya, see you this weekend !
Juan

Ducbert

I'm sorry you're thinking about leaving Matt, but best wishes in what you do, if you do. However, you can come visit and ride on track attack days if you are up for it. Don't forget, you can always enjoy the track aspect without getting into the racing part. ;)

Last edited:

Racin Jason

Yeah, I might entertain track days (I had some bike-withdrawal problems regarding that today...) we'll see. I have a loong winter to think it over, and chat with my wife about it. I could see track days being a healthy alternative, because I have no use for riding in the city.

Trust me, racing has been a big thing for me since the late 80's, and I love Stratotech, so we'll see how it works out.

I think a lot of people don't know or realize that Matt has been around the track for years and used to almost be the photographer of record for a few of the early years of the EMRA