Aaron

SVCHRIS

First let me thank all from the corner workers to those that helped get Aaron's stuff packed up. Keri is with him at the Royal Alex. He had a scan last night and surgery on his left upper arm. Aaron's arm is broken in three places that also involves his elbow. Keri will likely stay with us for the next couple days and Aaron will be in the hospital also for a couple more days.
Aaron was wondering what happened. As I was too slow to be close, I did not see the crash. I did here he tucked the front and that makes sense, but if someone who saw the crash could let us know.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Juan42

Thanks for posting up Chris. Any idea if Aaron is OK with visitors yet? If so, can you provide details of what unit he's on, or PM me if you don't feel it should be posted ?
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Aaron.
Thanks,
Juan

JDS

I only seen part of it from the stands. It did look like a front end tuck.

Thanx for the update Chris.

I hope Arron has a full & speedy recovery.

racer51

Clutch reservoir

Damn...it sucks to hear about Aaron's crash. As much as I hate hospitals...I'd go visit Aaron...there's few racers more friendly than Aaron.

GET WELL SOON BUDDY!

SVCHRIS

We just got off the phone with Keri and she reports the following:
his surgery went well but they are monitoring for infection;
they are also monitoring his head as he took a pretty good hit;
he is in nurses' station 33 but may be moved today;
if things go well he will be there until Wednesday;
any and all visitors welcome as he is bored (not sure of visiting hours).

Chris

Juan42

Thanks Chris. I can't get there tonight as I'm helping with the track evening...but will plan to drop by and see how he's doing tomorrow evening. Really tough break, but at least Aaron's alert enough to get bored.

Michelin Man

glad to hear he's alright, I was there right away with Matt Sweet and another corner worker, he was out for a few minutes and gave us quite a scare. Funny part is it took him about five minutes after he woke up to realize his arm was broken. Get better bro...

Cormier

I was standing in nine with my camera and I saw pretty much the whole thing

He was coming through six and it looked like the supermoto in front of him swung out wide for a different approach into seven and aaron got on the brakes super hard. It was difficult to tell exactly why he hit them so hard, he was coming up on the supermoto pretty quick (as far as i could tell) but there was no need for that much brake, he may have though that the supermoto was going to keep going wide and completly take him out but that was not the case.

There was NO contact at all between the two, looked like they were miles apart. I think he may have just got spooked.

Miss T

All I managed to see was the dust storm... crashing there never ends up very good.
I hope you're recovery is quick Aaron.

Mastard

Wow I had no idea the crash was that bad! I'm really hoping there are no complications with his injury. Best wishes, hope you're feeling better soon.

Planepower

That was an extremely spooky incident - from the stands and from the corner of my eye - it appeared to be an endo - a catapult of rider followed by the bike.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

racer51

He's smiling again

I saw Aaron this morning at the Royal Alex. He's pretty much back to his "old self" and was in reasonably good spirits.

I gave him some of my "Cruiser" magazines to make him laugh...

His left arm is certainly very badly broken and from his own description, he ground through his leathers and all his skin to fully expose the elbow. Some bone was damaged too badly to repair so they took "a chunk" out and replaced it with plates and pins.

He definitely wrote off his Arai helmet and his face is banged up on the left side. There can't be much doubt that his helmet saved his life.

It's quite a story to hear it from Aaron as he faded in and out of consciousness for several hours and he doesn't even remember arriving at the Royal Alex...

Keri is visiting later today...but you know how nice it is to have visitors when you're stuck in the hospital. Third floor, unit 33, room 6.

Juan42

He was looking pretty good all things considered when Barry and I stopped in this evening. His left elbow and the bones connected to it are pretty much held together with plates and screws now, but sound like his noggan is 100% OK thanks to a good helmet. I know he want's to figure out just what went wrong, so if anyone can fill in more blanks, better yet, if anyone has any video, I'm sure Aaron would love to hear from you.
Juan

1UP5DN

That corner always scared me. Not a good place to crash.

I think it would take more than a good bump on the noggin to do Aaron any serious damage though. Hope you are OK buddy. I guess this means you won't be down for a Calgary round which sucks as I was looking forward to that.

sv-racing-parts

:) Hey Aaron, I have been thinking about you all week.
When I came around the corner and saw the yellow bike behind the hay bales I knew it was you.

As bad as it is, I am relieved you were not hurt more, lay back, heal up, let Keri take care you, and get back on the track soon,

Kudos to the corner workers for getting the flags out, and EMT for getting out to look after you quickly,

I wish I was in Edmonton so I could visit you,

Email me when you get home,

See you soon,
Blair