2011 race school question

Fireman

Cheers, thanks.

On a side note, any dates planned yet for the OTP basic suspension class.

Stay tuned to the website in Feb. Once I have the dates for the school, I will post everything up. Expect a early one though. I am looking at mid/late march right now.

ninjachick

A few questions

Hi!! I do not think I would be ready for the race school seeing it is usually held early in the season and I am still a newbie. Can one register for the school and participate in the classroom component only and not participate in the track component other than as an observer? Who should I contact about volunteering as it was suggested as a great means of obtaining additional exposure/experience.:)

madmax

Hi!! I do not think I would be ready for the race school seeing it is usually held early in the season and I am still a newbie. Can one register for the school and participate in the classroom component only and not participate in the track component other than as an observer? Who should I contact about volunteering as it was suggested as a great means of obtaining additional exposure/experience.:)
Take a look at the O.T.P. classes with Fireman it might be more what you are looking for as far as instruction and possible track time!

http://www.ontrackperformance.ca/

ian

If you really want to, you can register and only attend the classroom portion but you are paying for track time as well whether you use it or not, so it wouldn't be very wise. What are you hoping to get out of the classroom part?

We're always looking for more volunteers. Our volunteer coordinator for 2011 is Norm Dickson, you contact him here: [email protected]

Hi Ninjachick, If youi're interested in volunteering just shoot me an email with your basic contact info and I can let you know what's involved and what rewards we offer our volunteers(ie. free track attack vouchers).

Cheers,
Norm

Hi Snakes 709, I'm ex-military and understand what it's like being deployed. I'm also one of the instructors for the EMRA as well as an executive member. If you cannot make our race school in May, I will personally give you a one on one race school. You'll have to pay the track time, But you'll get the corriculum and tonnes of on track instruction. We can only do this after the first round of racing as per our rules, but we can pick any Track attack day we're both available. Let me know if this sounds like an option you may like. There are obveous benifits to each way of taking the school, but both will offer the level of compitence required for racing.

Cheers,
Norm

Snakes709

Hi Snakes 709, I'm ex-military and understand what it's like being deployed. I'm also one of the instructors for the EMRA as well as an executive member. If you cannot make our race school in May, I will personally give you a one on one race school. You'll have to pay the track time, But you'll get the corriculum and tonnes of on track instruction. We can only do this after the first round of racing as per our rules, but we can pick any Track attack day we're both available. Let me know if this sounds like an option you may like. There are obveous benifits to each way of taking the school, but both will offer the level of compitence required for racing.

Cheers,
Norm

thanks, the issue im having is i wont know until the last minute, you know how the army is. Right now my unit is running pretty much every Cpl. that isnt getting out on their PLQ, so im stuck on that until March, then start work up and possibly Mod 6. Our tour isnt comfirmed yet but word has it, its being pushed back to the fall. It's a watch and shoot thing. I'll give you a shout once i figure out whats going on, but like i said, everything is last min. I came back from x-mas leave, did my air brakes course and that friday when i went back to my squadron, i found out i was going on PLQ on monday. Gotta love the army...