Nasty accident at Mission on Sunday

sand.man

I'm borrowing this information from another forum:

Randy Kingston lowsided in slow turn five on the first lap of the first superbike race and was run over by the rider behind him. The images were caught by a track photographer. The air ambulance was called in to fly him to a Vancouver hospital. He had several injuries including 11 broken ribs, 2 punctured lungs, bleeding kidneys, torn liver and small back fracture.

A very unfortunate situation, and a somber reminder to wear a back protector (not sure if this rider was wearing one)

May1st2011511.jpg

May1st2011514.jpg

May1st2011516.jpg

May1st2011518.jpg

May1st2011519.jpg

May1st2011521.jpg

May1st2011523.jpg

May1st2011524.jpg

May1st2011525.jpg

May1st2011526.jpg

May1st2011527.jpg

May1st2011558.jpg

Fireman

Oh wow. My thoughts go out to the injured rider. I hope he heals fast. I know the rider that hit him. He is a very skilled rider, and I am sure that there was just no where for him to go.

kawasaki

Crash

I just met Randy and his son Tim this weekend at the trackday and practice day and they are great people.
Best of luck with quick recovery Randy.

Hey just to let everyone know our own Chris Black #2 had a nasty high side on saturday and went to hospital in Abbotsford. I heard he had a shattered collorbone but no word otherwise. he was travelling with Neil.
Anyone know more on his condition?

Last edited:
Get well soon Chris, I hope your injuries aren't too serious. I also hope that Randy is doing okay. I also know the rider who ran into him. I've raced bar to bar with him many times and know that he would have avoided him if he could. He is a great rider and a stand up guy. I hope he doesn't feel responsible for the other fellows injuries. These things are unfortunate but they are a part of our sport. We must all consider and accept the risk if we are going to be a part of this great sport.

Get well soon Randy!

Norm

Last edited:

YZF1000jon

Wow, that's nasty, pretty sure most of us would be surprised to see a bike come back across your line into the corner like that, instead of off the track to the outside. Hope everyone gets better soon.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Chris checked into the UofA hospital here in Edmonton today. He was getting the run around for surgery in BC. He will be getting surgery on his collar bone and they are looking into his possible cracked vertebra. Randy's son Tim was telling me he is in stable condition. If you look at the pictures, # 21r is Tim (randy's son) as he avoids the accident. Tim said to me he seen the entire thing and was in tears by the next corner because he thought he had just seen his father killed. In good spirits Tim went on to finish the races that day and won one the second superbike race.

Oh and Cory, I made sure to grab your license from Gail

kawasaki

good to hear that chris is going to get looked after.
I felt really bad for Tim being right behind like that and seeing the whole thing close up. On th WMRC forum he has posted that his dad is already up and walking around the hospital room to start rehad early.
At this point I was not worried about the licence Neil but thanks just the same.

ThumPhoto

Hi, I took the photos and can answer a couple of questions. I also cornerwork as needed and was the first to reach Randy. He never lost consciousness and wanted to walk to the ambulance - one tough SOB!

We had new leathers and a back protector - saved him from even more injuries. Air ambulance took him from the track to Royal Columbian Hospital in New West. Tim (Randy's son) was emotional but in control when he showed up at the accident. Randy's wife and daughter were at the track as well and comforted Randy and Tim.

The other rider (bike 49) is Wayne Loewen and he was unhurt and returned to race later in the day.

The full sequence of photos is here

The discussion and updates re: Randy's recovery are on the WMRC site are here

Last edited: