Tyler Colville #114 update

ian

Tyler was the rider that crashed heavily in turn 2 on Sunday during the Intermediate 600SS race and was transferred to the hospital. I received an update today on Tyler's condition. His injuries are: 6 broken ribs in his back, broken clavicle, fractured shoulder blade, broken T1 vertebrae and a severe concussion. If the T1 injury does not require surgery he may be released today.

This is the worst injury I am aware of at an EMRA event; if any of you witnessed it, I would like to hear from you to find out how he got so injured, hopefully we can find a way to reduce the chance of something like this happening again.

I wish Tyler good luck and a speedy recovery.

Ian

Dave86

Oh geez, that's terrible. Always scary when you roll through a corner and see somebody on the deck not moving, I didn't see what actually led up to it though.

Anybody know what hospital he's in?

Dean

I watched from the stands and I'm sad to hear of the extent of his injuries. I wish Tyler a very speedy recovery.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I was the first to roll up to the red flag in turn 2, he must have been laying there lifeless in the gravel for a good 3 min...
spooked me a bit...
Glad to hear he's been released for the hospital.

I believe Brett Celsie and he were battling when he crashed. It sounded like he locked up his front end. I wish him and he's family well.

ian

I've talked to one of the corner workers that saw the whole thing. Tyler was taking an inside line into corner two and was trying to out brake the rider in front of him. The rider in front, who was on the normal line through two didn't see Tyler and kept to his line. Tyler's front wheel struck the back wheel of the rider in front, forcing his wheel full lock to the left which would have high-sided Tyler but he held onto the handlebars and consequently hit the track very hard, resulting in his injuries.

I had originally thought that he must have hit the wall behind the gravel trap to get this injured but according to the corner worker, Tyler didn't even slide into the gravel trap; it was just the impact with the track that did all the damage.

A little bit of good news though, it turns out his T1 vertebrae is not broken after all.

Ian

diesel

Hey so just got signed up for your forum. I think some people in this thread are talking about my crash in turn 2 on the first lap of the 600 in ss race.

Steve Kozicki red 9x.

Going to start a new thread about it right now. But I also heard something that someone else crashed in the same spot in the the same race after I red flagged the race and it got restarted.

Get well soon Tyler

M87

Hey Steve how you doin'?
I saw the other red bike down and never thought of you until after I got back to the pits.
I was there when the guys unloaded your bike, looks like you got a little work to do.
Pretty lousy introduction to Stratotech, get well soon.
And the same to Tyler of course

scaryfast

Tyler is doing pretty good. He is home now and the disc in his back that they thought may be broken is not. A little healing time is needed but he does not remember the entire day which may be good!

Dave86

Tyler is doing pretty good. He is home now and the disc in his back that they thought may be broken is not. A little healing time is needed but he does not remember the entire day which may be good!

That's good to hear, thanks for the update Jesse.

Hope he can make a quick recovery

Racin Jason

Tyler was the rider that crashed heavily in turn 2 on Sunday during the Intermediate 600SS race and was transferred to the hospital. I received an update today on Tyler's condition. His injuries are: 6 broken ribs in his back, broken clavicle, fractured shoulder blade, broken T1 vertebrae and a severe concussion. If the T1 injury does not require surgery he may be released today.

This is the worst injury I am aware of at an EMRA event; if any of you witnessed it, I would like to hear from you to find out how he got so injured, hopefully we can find a way to reduce the chance of something like this happening again.

I wish Tyler good luck and a speedy recovery.

Ian

That does seem like severe injuries but who knows what happens once the eject button is hit. I am just curious what type of back protector he was wearing.
Hope you heal up quick Tyler.

Mr.Newb

Hey guys it's Tyler here, red 114

I'm home now and healing, turns out I broke 8 bones. 6 ribs, collar bone, and shoulder blade, also got a wicked concussion... Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and support i've been getting, it's just been awesome! Thanx again to everyone.

Hey man, that really sucks. You definitely seemed like you were in quite a bit of pain when it happened. I'd been wondering how you made out.

But those are all things that will heal up just fine after a bit of time has passed.

Best wishes brother. I just hope your family doesn't give you too much heat over the whole racing thing. I know mine sure would. Hope to see you back out there man.