Hello, new and have a few questions.

Zetty

I am planning on getting some track time come next season, possibly this season. But I have a question. I tried to contact the EMRA but had no luck and left an email with the same results. I have an Icon Overlord jacket, and want to get the riding pants for it as well. They are a 3/4 zipper, is this acceptable for the track? Thank you for your help.

Dean

I can't answer for the EMRA, however, 3/4 zippers are not acceptable at tracks in BC and Washington. You'd need a full circumference zipper on a 2 piece suit, in leather.

It's really for the safety of your own skin.

Dean

I just looked up your gear, and they clearly state that it's based on street riding and not for the track.

That said, many racers do have spare gear they may be willing to sell in your size, that will get you on the track safely and inexpensively.

yak

Hi

Please note that track days and evenings called "Track Attacks" are run by Stratotech. While the EMRA provides volunteer hosts the rules etc are not set by the EMRA.

The gear requirements for track days are less stringent than for racing. I know that Stratotech allows some textile suites but it would be best to confirm your specific one with them.

http://www.stratotech.ca
(780) 998-9995

YZF1000jon

Leathers are available to rent at the track for $45 plus deposit for an evening, and $75 plus deposit for a full day. A full zip, or leathers are definitely recommended. If you're interested and want to see what's going on the next evening is Monday Aug 29, and the next full day is Sept 4. The forum is one of the best ways to get in touch with us as the odds are good one of us will be on it. Under the contacts at the top of the page there are names of people and their respective positions, Fred Jolivet is the Track Attack co-ordinator and is more than willing to answer e-mails on this subject, or come on out and ask in person and see what it's all about.:)

YZF1000jon

Haha, sorry Todd, my typing is slower than yours. ;)

Contact Fred or Stratotech, either in person, or by phone/e-mail. They will be able to get you the answer to your question.

Zetty

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely be looking into a one piece suit from other races for next year. Any suggestions on brands that fit taller riders (6'3") ?

sand.man

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely be looking into a one piece suit from other races for next year. Any suggestions on brands that fit taller riders (6'3") ?

I'm about the same height as you, I wear a 46US Alpinestars 2 piece (which I'll probably be selling fairly cheap at the end of September).

I've been up to 220lbs and it fit still with a back protector, I'm down to 200 right now and it fits well.

YZF1000jon

AS Ryan mentioned, rider weight is more of a factor than just height. I'm 6'3" but 250lbs and certainly couldn't wear Ryans suit!:eek:
I believe Dan sells some of his rental Joe Rocket leathers off at the end of the season for a fair price, so if you head out and find a set that fits in person you'll have a better idea of what will or won't fit.

Hi, and welcome. I strongly nsuggest that you don't wear textile gear on the track. Simply because it doesn't hold up to the abbrassion. I witnessed firsthand when another rider simply drug their leg in a "good" textile suit only to see it disintigrate and expose her leg from boot to knee. Textiles are okay for 'one time' falls, then are garbage. I understand that textiles are cumfortable and offer more freedome of movement for the street, but that freedome of movement also allows the body armour to move around and it may not protect you as well as it should. In situation where you may slide for a bit on an abbrassive surface (such as Stratotech), leather is the only way to go. Hope this is helpful. Cheers!

Norm

Zetty

Thanks guys, I guess finding a suit won't be hard at all since I'm only 170. Hope to meet a bunch of you at the track sometime soon.

sand.man

Try on a US46, should fit perfect... When I was about 165-170 I could just barely squeeze into a US44 but it was too tight to allow good range of motion and hindered body position.