Photos of Sept.10, 2011

skidmark

Hi everyone, I shoot mostly at Castrol raceway and Indy. I thought I would check out your track as I have heard a lot of good things about it. I shot about 600 frames and posted about 50 or so on my gallery site. http://pbase.com/skidmarkimages I enjoyed the help and courtesy I received when I enquired if I could get access. You have a great track and great staff. I hope to drop by next year and shoot some more unless your regular track photographers object. I don't intend to cut in on your business. I hope you enjoy the pics.

popik

Nice photos and glad you came out...but it seems that the photog's are getting more and more expensive every year. I guess im too much of a club racer to afford any of them anymore

M87

Ok I might be a little prejudiced because I used to take pictures and my son still does but $25 for a photo is too much?
I don't think that really holds water when you look at the costs involved.
Even though not every one has $9000 tied up in gear I don't think there is anyone out there with less than $2000 able produce a decent shot.
And I doubt any of these guys/gals is even making minimum wage for their time.
If people stop buying pictures photogs will just stop showing up.
I try to buy a couple of shots from various people, although this year I have only bought one.
I live in Edmonton but I think I spend more than $25 on gas for my truck to the track and back.
Skidmark keep up the good work, even though you had nothing that interested me, I always enjoy looking.

YZF1000jon

He may have a pic of your old Kawi getting passed somewhere ;), he just doesn't have room to post all 700 pictures he took!

skidmark

No that was another person, I do believe her name was Teri. I introduced myself to her and she seemed very nice. I can't afford that lens ($8000.00 from nikon) although I think I would rent it next time I shot the Indy. I tried to stay out of her way due to me being new to the track. I think the 200/2.8 worked very well out there.

popik

Mayhaps im just cheap then...25$ is definitely on the highside of all the photogs that frequent the track anyway...just sayin!

twidders

Great work for sure, though I happen to agree with the cost, A little on the high side and keeps me from making too many picture purchases throughout the year. If they were $5 you would probably make way more money due to sheer volume. We are thrifty, just sayin.

Trina

Planepower

$25 for a beautiful shot ISN'T too much to ask. Thank you for coming out and spending your afternoon / day hanging out with us. Just like any business venture, some sort of return is justified after the investment made in gear and time.
If no one buys, or complains on pricing, no photogs will come out.

sand.man

No offense to anybody here, but personally I can't justify $25 for one photo particularly because I don't do anything impressive enough on the track to make for an amazing photo... Except that one time, but nobody caught it on camera lol.

I could see buying 5 pictures of myself doing non-impressive feats for $25.

This is at no fault to the photographers, your images are great quality but the content (my fault) is lackluster.

That's just the way I see it. If there's ever a shot of me lofting the front wheel out of 9 or doing another endo into 2 I will pay $25 for that!

oldskool

With every type of shoot I do I hone my skill and become more confident that I know that just anybody with a DSLR can't pull off the shots that I do without a fair amount of practice.

Damn near anyone with a $5,000-$10,000 dollar set up can take great pics.

Every couple hours a new Joe's Photography pops up. It pisses me off, seriously, everyone with a decent camera is a photographer. They don't even have the originality to come up with a decent company name......just 'BlahScabs Photography'.

There are a few photographers that stand out from the rest but 9 times out of ten it is based on the equipment used and the editing/manipulating after.

Taking pictures is a joke.

YZF1000jon

You mean like painting bikes?
Easy with the right gear, anyone can do it, right?

There is a difference between good shots and Great shots, and it's not always down to the equipment. Sometimes the equipment can take it to the next level, but the skill and timing still needs to be there.

And no, I'm not dissing your paint jobs, they are the sharpest looking bikes on the track.

Racin Jason

Damn near anyone with a $5,000-$10,000 dollar set up can take great pics.

Every couple hours a new Joe's Photography pops up. It pisses me off, seriously, everyone with a decent camera is a photographer. They don't even have the originality to come up with a decent company name......just 'BlahScabs Photography'.

There are a few photographers that stand out from the rest but 9 times out of ten it is based on the equipment used and the editing/manipulating after.

Taking pictures is a joke.

I think thats a little harsh.
I personally don't buy pictures because I have my own photographer but I eagerly await the new pictures after every round. I appreciate the time the photographers take to come out and take pictures. I think it adds to the club to have them out documenting those moments that not everyone sees.
I just wonder why it would piss you off at all? If you don't like the pictures or the price don't buy them or look at the pics. Simple solution.
After all its not like you raced this year anyway. :cool:

Cormier

Damn near anyone with a $5,000-$10,000 dollar set up can go really fast.

Every couple hours a new Joe's Racing pops up. It pisses me off, seriously, everyone with a decent sportbike is a racer. They don't even have the originality to come up with a decent team name......just 'BlahScabs Racing'.

There are a few racers that stand out from the rest but 9 times out of ten it is based on the equipment used and the sponsor brown-nosing after.

Racing motorcycles is a joke.

This is the only time I am ever going to comment on this.

Welcome Skidmark.

skidmark

Hi oldskool,

WOW came out Saturday, paid at the gate for my wife and myself, checked to see if I could get access to the track and had fun panning shots and watching the action. I was asked if I would post (which I did) then introduced myself on your forum with a link and that was it. Unfortunately I was asked about the cost if someone wanted to buy and I replied with the same price list I use at the other race tracks. Never had any feedback such as this, people either choose to buy or look at them on the site for free. As for my experience, in motor sports alone around seven years and freelance for newspapers. I own a business in the transport industry and yes photography takes second place to that. If you feel the only reason I came out was to make money then you are mistaken. I came out to have fun and shoot a interesting motor sport. Definitely did not come out to be chastised afterward. kind of blindsided me. The other people on the forum were very cordial both for and against. As for trying to muscle in on some other persons bread or butter, as I stated in my introduction "that is not my intention". These shots are no longer for sale but will remain on the website for others to enjoy or if someone is looking for a shot from the same day that I didn't post, ask me and I will see if I have it and post it. Sorry to have chaffed your underside as that sure wasn't my intention either. Also I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to some poster contest, this was my first time there.

Have a great day Jamie...

Terry