Bike mods

sand.man

It's pretty slow here lately and I'm going through huge riding withdrawals so I thought I'd post up what I've been doing to the bikes lately, feel free to join in.

My lap timer used to be zap strapped to my handlebars, thought I'd go factory and improve the looks:

newbling010.jpg

newbling011.jpg

newbling012.jpg

New pegs courtesy of the wife, pretty sweet improvement over the stock heavy, narrow steel ones:
newbling007.jpg

CF Fork Guards courtesy of the wife:
newbling005.jpg

I also got my programmable ignition installed and cleaned up some wiring.

JD96

Spent 2 months scouring Calgary for a place worth living in, between that and moving I've had no time for my toys.

All I've managed this winter was grinding out some welds to have a little fracture repaired. I'll probably wait till the last second and be rushing like a maniac to prepare for round one.
fcdb001a.jpg

Saw someone refinish their frame with a cf paint job. I like, I think I'm going to attempt it.
0b08419e.jpg

I still have to wet sand and repaint my race plastics. Dreading that... They've been through hell! At least I did all the 'glass repair last year. Thats almost the worst part.

sand.man

Wow that frame weld is really bubbly... Lots of porosity! (scary!)

That paint looks like way too much work for a race bike, lol.

I guess I should update what I've been up to...

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

That's all I've got right now, more to come though.

oldskool

Taking care of some paint work on the 98 and 99.

R7:
Fitted a yec carbon airbox to the R7, still need to fit the yec race harness and controller box to put it in race mode and activate secondary injectors. Yec high pressure fuel pump has been aquired but I'm on the hunt for the h.p. regulator. Quick disconnects are in the mail for swapping the calipers between the two bikes. All other bits of 'kit' have already been installed.

R1:
Welded in a new subframe. Trying to figure out a 'proper' location for a light weight battery (which still needs to be purchased). Picked up a 16.5 BST rear for an 04-06 R1 that still needs spaced and fitted to my 02-03 swingarm. Found a new set of Beringer 320mm narrowband iron's for less then $300 shipped (they'll go nicely with the Beringer MC I just re-built and the clutch perch). That's all that comes to mind at the moment but I know there's more.

Attachments

• 98.JPG
    98.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 27
  • R7.JPG
    R7.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 22

YZF1000jon

hmm let's see, I changed the oil.:(

oh, and I'm trying to find the correct r6 throttle tube to turn mine into a quicker turn.:D

sand.man

That is quite a spaghetti noodle rear rotor Jamie! That thing must be grabby as hell. Are you racing both the R7 and R1 this year?

JD96

Yeah it isn't inspiring seeing welds like that. It's going in a street bike though, I wouldn't take that thing on the track lol