Track Attack Question

How did you store your tires, how old are they, and the # of heat cycles the tires have been through are all important questions to ask. As well as how much tread you have left. There is always people selling takeoffs if there's any doubt.

JohnnyR6

I will inform again haha, I stored my bike up on stands for winter, i keep my bike in the garage, they have less then 2000km's on them, i have only been street riding so i assume no warm ups other then after long rides. They are not in bad condition and the gouge is in the center of the tire (refer to pictures) i will be looking into new tires soon but i would like to use up these tires.

JohnnyR6

And i bought the bike in July 2011 its a 2009 and was NEW out of the crate (old unsold stock) and they are the tires that came with the bike. so they have had less then 5 months of ride time as i am only home for 10 days a month so maybe 3 months of actual ground contact?

If you have any doubt, a new set of fancy tires is ~$400.

So, $400 will let you rest easy knowing that any crashing is purely rider error and has nothing to do with your tires.

JohnnyR6

My question was never are they SAFE i'm NOT worried about this, my question from the start was will they LET me in for track day with them? I don't have much time before track day, i have never changed a tire (on a bike) and they still have lots of life in them. I don't want to THINK about crashing as i hope i don't go down, I am just trying to know if i have to PAY someone (stealership) to change my tire, or do i need to learn REALLY fast how to change tires. I'm sure i wouldn't have any problems popping into Alberta Cycle and grabbing a new set of tires. TBH if i was worried about it causing my tire to blow or deflate i wouldn't have asked and would have just got new tires. I do thank everyone for everything they have said as I AM NEW to bikes/ track and I will be the first to admit it, so I'm sorry if i ever come off as a (insert abuse hear XD)

macbayne

quick question guys. i bought a pass for the may 6th track attack online, but i cannot make it anymore. i have no idea who to call to cancel. any help is appreciated.

JohnnyR6

Haha Regina Ryan and I will be there.... me for sure haha, black and blue R6 and black 4 door Tacoma. Ryan rocks a black R6 so we shouldn't be hard to spot.

YZF1000jon

quick question guys. i bought a pass for the may 6th track attack online, but i cannot make it anymore. i have no idea who to call to cancel. any help is appreciated.

If you plan on still attending one this season, I would call them and see if you can reschedule instead of cancel. Either that, or sell your spot to someone else.

macbayne

that is a good point yzf. but the bigger question is, who do i call about this? there are no phone numbers listed on the website. there is a feedback section, but i don't think that that is quite it.

JohnnyR6

that is a good point yzf. but the bigger question is, who do i call about this? there are no phone numbers listed on the website. there is a feedback section, but i don't think that that is quite it.
The number on stratotech site is there office number, i call it to ask questions.

macbayne

thanks guys. plane power- i thought that there would be a number on the track attack site specifically, not just on the stratotech site. i thought they were separate entities.

macbayne

as it turns out, you have to reply to the email they send to cancel, as they require something in writing. thanks for the help again guys.

Planepower

thanks guys. plane power- i thought that there would be a number on the track attack site specifically, not just on the stratotech site. i thought they were separate entities.

I myself am having issues paying for the track day, sent a PayPal payment, but isn't working to buy a spot, guess I'll be phoning as well.

JohnnyR6

I myself am having issues paying for the track day, sent a PayPal payment, but isn't working to buy a spot, guess I'll be phoning as well.

Mine was hard to figure out, next time im just going to do direct credit card payment, not doing the pay pal thing again.