Beer & food! Oh and Yoyodyne quick turn throttle / motion pro switch

twidders

Now that i have your attention :)
Has anyone ever installed one of these? You know...you pay $200 and it comes with no instructions....lame. I have the Euro Yoyodyne quick turn throttle assembly on the bike and the cables are installed. There is good snap back with throttle release. It seems like it takes more strength to actually hold the throttle open now...is this normal and just due to new cables, or can this be adjusted?

The next part is wiring the new starter /kill switch assembly. I have the Motion Pro one (the other was out of stock). I have heard its a pain to install. Has anyone done this? Or have any tips or tricks? Or want to come and do it for beer and food?

Thanks in advance for the ideas, Let me know if you can help out.
Trina

Planepower

Wiring is simple, follow the instructions, plug and play (just did a few myself recently). As for throttle, if theres binding its not properly routed. If, like you stated it rolls properly, cables and routing are fine. Look at what roller cam you are using and visualize the mechanics / leverage of the system - a smaller cam requires more turn but gives better mechanical advantage over the return spring, consequently a larger cam gives less mechanical advantage, hence less turn required, but harder to hold spring. Just as gearing on the motorcycle - larger drive sproket; less rpm = more speed, smaller drive sprocket; more rpm = less top speed (but more torque feel).

YZF1000jon

Is everything still routed correctly with the new cables? If you give them more slack than normal does it still feel heavy?

Planepower

Ignition / kill switch requires custom modification due to connector. Not the best support out there, but once you trace the electrical system it works. Basically a problem with Suzuki models.

Last edited:

madmax

Ignition / kill switch requires custom modification due to connector. Not the best support out there, but once you trace the electrical system it works. Basically a problem with Suzuki models.
oh yeah and dont forget to pull in the clutch when you try and start it after ;):p