Dave P (#20 black)

MyTTwin

Just wanted to open this thread for those asking about the crash Sunday in the Senior Open on lap 8 and hope those that well being seeing or talking with Dave can update on his healing process..

I'm told by a third party his engine seized going into T2 which high sided him. The result was a broke leg, below the knee, into 10 pieces. He had surgery yesterday in Edmonton and should be back home in Calgary later this week/weekend for another surgery..

Hope the healing process goes well and as quickly as possible...

sand.man

I'm told by a third party his engine seized going into T2 which high sided him.

Oh wow, although still very unfortunate, I hope this can take some weight off Jason's shoulders as I think his impression (and how it looked from the grandstands) was that #20 got spooked by the faster riders buzzing by.

I hope he heals quickly without complications.

Is his bike the smaller GP looking bike with the Yamaha 426 motor in it?

It was smoking during practice, heavily, but it appeared to be his exhaust wrap.

diesel

I was the rider right behind him when he crashed. Steven Szabo got some good pics of it. I was so close to hitting him and or the bike when he went down.

From my point of view he was just tipping into turn 2 and the rear wheel locked up then the bike strated sliding back and forth then he went over the left side of the bike and rolled in front of me. I had thought he had rear braked too much but the engine seizing up would have done the same thing. I braked hard and missed him then braked even harder to scrub off some speed before the gravel. Steve got some good pics of my front forks compressed all the way.

Just glad I didnt run over him but since he was just starting to turn he had some side forces on the bike and it went off to the right side of the track.

Feel bad for Dave and wish him the best. Hope he feels better soon and heals up well.

ian

Here's a link to a video of the crash from my bike

http://emra.ca/Video/DaveP_052712.wmv

And a wonderful pic from Dave...

DaveP.jpg

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Ouch! Looks pretty brutal. i hope he has a good recovery.
I was pitted next to him and he seemed like a nice guy... I heard he hit his head pretty hard too. I'll bet he's happy he went and bought that Arai helmet instead of cheaping out that day.

Good luck #20