R1 sale/trade/rebuild thread

Just because there are people who check this forum but not the "other" one

copy paste:

Number I've got in mind for a quick/easy sale to get me into another bike with minimal fuss and research on my part would be $2500 I think. I'm not trying to recoup the money I've spent or anything. I just need two wheels strapped to an engine already. And I will have very minimal spare time for the next 2 months. I don't want to have until next season. I can always pick up another R1 next year when things settle down again.

IMG_9443.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

Ok. That’s how she sits at the moment.

Forks, handlebars and most of the stuff there definitely/probably need to be replaced. Frame is good but you will need to buy a new damper because the part of the frame where it attaches to is snapped off. Engine is good as are all engine casings. Bolt from frame into engine is sheared so you’ll have to address that as well.

Rotors, callipers are good. So are rims. So is swingarm and the back end.
Needs new rearsets as well. Rad seems to need to be replaced as well.
That’s all I’ve got for now I will start unbolting stuff and laying it out for pictures of individual components. A lot of it may actually be salvageable via welding etc who knows.

I just have zero time to really sink into a rebuild project and I don’t want to spend more money on this. I just want to get back out there as soon as I can.

I am open to any resolutions on this. It is for sale, up for trade, open for parting out (only if I can recoup enough to buy a cheap machine though). I am also willing to rent the bike out for $100 a day. No class 6 license required.

P.S. Side stand is 100% functional.

Last edited:

Michelin Man

I've bought bikes in much better shape than that, and newer, for a lot less.. looks like a parts bike to me. I'd be interested but only for the right price.. feel free to call me if want to talk..

Cheers.

Yeah I think I had priced that more on "it'd be great to get that for it" than "what will someone really be willing to pay".

I'm still going to try to get 2k for it on kijiji for a little while in case someone randomly jumps at it but am not too optimistic about that.

Still, I'll see what comes of it and might come find you next race round.

Cheers