Removing front axle

Ducbert

Anyone got a tool I can borrow to pull the front axle out of 04 Gixxer?

Manual says it 24mm. I don't have the tool kit to do it......

YZF1000jon

GSXR's are inverted, the axle is the socket, you need the male end to fit in the axle. Most suzuki dealers stock the motion pro adapter for this.

sand.man

Princess Auto should have something for under $10, you had might as well add it to the tool box!

Ducbert

Figured I'm probably going to need it for one of the other bikes, so I bought a multi front axle tool. Thanks for the replies......

Hey Ian,
Can I borrow some skillz for next year? LOL

sand.man

I'm going to need the skills more than anybody... I just bought an angry TZ250 like Ian's and it threw me off in less than 5 minutes riding it... stupid mistake, dual Nissin 4 pots are stupid.

Broke my collar bone!

ian

Ryan, 5 minutes! Really? :eek: That must be some kind of record. Glad to hear you bought the bike.

tip: the brakes are on the right, clutch on the left.

sand.man

Thanks Ian, I feel pretty foolish, I had no idea the brakes were so strong and I should have known better to play on wet gravel.

This bike is much harder to ride than the motard, it's going to be a long bumpy road learning this thing.

P.S. do you have a place to buy the tool for starting the bike with a drill?

Ducatidaddi

Hmmm.. Sandman....

Just last night I was talking to a previous owner of a TZ250 who said the NEW owner had to take it for a spin.....

Suspiciously sounds like the same story from the other side.

Heal fast.

That bike was WICKED fast around Race City. I could tell you stories about getting passed my it on the inside in corner 1!!

Mastard

I've always gotten away with not using the tool. I always manage to remove it loosening the other side. I can't remember whether there were any tricks involved. I've changed tires on a few GSX-R's now.