GP class

sand.man

I think there will be two TZ 250's in 2012 for sure, I'm not sure if there are any from Calgary coming up?

mojobie

Turn-out this season varied from 1 to 3 bikes. Hopefully the plans I've heard of some more bikes turning up come to fruition.

Should be a pretty good competition between an Aprillia RS125 and my Ninja 250.

fonzy

ive sold a pile of my bikes due to my upcoming divorce, the 749 that i raced has left but now have a tz150r, so basically a tz125 with a 4 stroke 150r honda motor in it that raced in wera, is legal in mini and should be able to run your class without too much trouble thats what ill be running this year , will make july rounds and end of the year race as well

YZF1000jon

Bummer on the separation dude. The little bikes will learn you a thing or two about corner speed that's for sure.

sand.man

ive sold a pile of my bikes due to my upcoming divorce, the 749 that i raced has left but now have a tz150r, so basically a tz125 with a 4 stroke 150r honda motor in it that raced in wera, is legal in mini and should be able to run your class without too much trouble thats what ill be running this year , will make july rounds and end of the year race as well

That TZ/150R would be a hoot... I had the privilege to do the mini endurance in Calgary back in October on the little dirt bikes and it was too much fun.

I think that 125 chassis with the 150 motor would be much more entertaining. Almost as cool as the 250 chassis with a 450 motor!

GSmith

GP - Honda RS125

We will be bringing a Honda RS125 up to Stratotech this year to race.

Not sure which one of the four of us will race it...probably draw straws!

fonzy

any of you guys run the 1 st couple of rounds? just wondering what the lap times are like in this class? i know my old little bike is going to be slow just want to figure out if its worth coming out?

mojobie

My best time on a Ninja 250 was 1:12.087. I think the 125 GP bikes typically run in the 1:05 to 1:08 range, and Ian's best is around 1:00 on a TZ250, IIRC. Even though I was never in serious competition with anyone, I still had fun.

I was 1st overall in points last season even though I was always in last place because I showed up the most and didn't crash. :D

Unfortunately, I won't be running my 250 this year as it was irreparably damaged over the winter.

GSmith

We're planning on running our RS125 this year (sorting out the ignition issues right now). We may run our 85 (RS125 frame with 85 cc engine) or we may just run it in AMRA.

We're also planning on running our CBR250R but I'm not sure what class it runs in...not a GP bike. We're going to run it in the 250 Cup in BC as well.

Planepower

Speaking of classes, I wonder where a 450 Super Single would fit. At least I put my 6 speed tranny in the motor. Now to fit the triples and fairings.

sv-racing-parts

We're planning on running our RS125 this year (sorting out the ignition issues right now). We may run our 85 (RS125 frame with 85 cc engine) or we may just run it in AMRA.

We're also planning on running our CBR250R but I'm not sure what class it runs in...not a GP bike. We're going to run it in the 250 Cup in BC as well.

:) Hi Grant, it will be great to see you at the 250 Gold Cup Races, I do a lot of support there and at Greg Moore for the mini's as well as WMRC,

As to Stratotech, i think you will have a lot of fun on the track with both the RS125 and the Honda 250R, I have been on the Gold Cup Series organizers to contact EMRA regarding having a 250 Gold Cup Series Race on the WCC Championship Weekend at Stratotech to help expose the EMRA crew and Alberta 250 Riders to just how much fun that class can be,

See you soon,

BTW: to Fonzy; Hey Steve, make it a point to find your way to Stratotech for the July WCC Weekend and for the September Double Header weekend, it will be nothing but fun and I will have cold beverages for you in my cooler, :D

Best regards,
Blair

mojobie

I ran my Ninja 250 in Lightweight and Formula GP. I got permission from Ian & the Execs to enter into GP, I would contact him and see if they'll allow the CBR.

250 Cup at Strato would be fun.

fonzy

I ran my Ninja 250 in Lightweight and Formula GP. I got permission from Ian & the Execs to enter into GP, I would contact him and see if they'll allow the CBR.

250 Cup at Strato would be fun.

just curious how far off ther pace a modded out cbr125 would be vs a ninja 250 or a cbr 250?

mojobie

just curious how far off ther pace a modded out cbr125 would be vs a ninja 250 or a cbr 250?

My guess would be that a CBR125 would be in the 1:20 range, compared to my approx. 1:14 average. Not sure if anyone's ran a CBR125 at Strato. I don't recall ever seeing any.

Fireman

My guess would be that a CBR125 would be in the 1:20 range, compared to my approx. 1:14 average. Not sure if anyone's ran a CBR125 at Strato. I don't recall ever seeing any.

1:18 is the best we have seen on the little cbr to date. I bet you can do better Steve!

GSmith

My youngest (Matthew) will be racing his CBR125R again this year. I'm not sure his times but 1:20 sounds about right...he'd love some company.