2013 Rule Book

Fireman

Nice, curious what this might do to the "weekend schedule"?

Very little. Almost all of the races stay unchanged. The Formula 1:05 race will run with the Womans open race in the same time slot. The 250 gold cup race will run with the lightweight superbike grid.

So we should see no interruption in our race schedule or its flow. We may need to look at the schedule closer to the start of the season, however that was how the exec expected the race schedule to look as per our last meeting.

Arctic Donkey

Thanks for highlighting the changes. In the lightweight superbike class, what bikes/models was the multi-cylinder <420cc written for?

GSmith

So Matthew (13 years old) runs his CBR125R in the Lightweight Sportbike race (as per Restricted Youth License rule) instead of finishing his two outstanding Novice races with the big boys?...I like that.

Is James (turns 16 at the start of May) considered a Restricted Youth ("up to 16" = "up to and including 16"?) or is he considered a regular racer (completes his two outstanding Novice races with the big boys)?...I'm good either way on that ruling.

Miss T

I'm quite sad to see the end of the lightweight sportbike race . The races are definitely steering away from the standard races.

Fireman

That's Middleweight Twins, it's like a sponsored class I think, the name doesn't change but the SV Racing Parts Cup is scored in the middleweight twins race.

SV racing parts is providing contingency for the midleweight twins class. The class name is middleweight twins, and all points in that class are based off of the EMRA rulebook.

How SV racing parts awards their contingency is up to them. We are excited that this contingency may bring in a few more SV 650's into the club.

Fireman

I'm quite sad to see the end of the lightweight sportbike race . The races are definitely steering away from the standard races.

Thae class is still there, it is just scored with more riders in order to bring the grid size up and allow more people to compete.

sand.man

Just a quick question about the Lightweight Superbike race, pertaining to the e-mail Ian just sent out.

Since this is now a "superbike" race, will this:
Qualifying will be used to determine grid positions for the Fast 25, Expert and Intermediate Superbike classes, all other classes will continue to use points for grid positions.
Apply to this race?

Last edited:

Miss T

Thae class is still there, it is just scored with more riders in order to bring the grid size up and allow more people to compete.

The class is now changed to a superbike race tho, thus eliminating the lightweight sportbike expert and intermediate which is the standard class that i was referring to.