Search results

1. 411ninja

The 2022 Sean Henderson Most Outstanding Racer award… please nominate!

Darryl McGavigan. He's always happy to be there, loves mingling and having fun, and never worries about the competition. Always a friendly face to share a laugh with, just like Sean was.
  2. 411ninja

Proposal to postpone the AGM

Open letter to the EMRA Executive and Members RE: Postponing the AGM due to Covid restrictions Proposal: Legally the Executive can postpone the AGM up to six months after the fiscal year. I propose the Executive postpone the AGM and revisit the situation in mid-January and at regular intervals...
  3. 411ninja

2021 Rule Change discussion

It is really great to see how much thought you have put into this post. As racers we are lucky to have a race control dedicated to trying to improve safety. I think you have some good points and it is something to look into. Continuity is important, if a track rider becomes a racer, it is...
  4. 411ninja

What I am getting out of this is that you are a mature enough person to know your comfort zone, ride responsibly, and that you pay attention to your limitations for the safety of yourself and others. A member like that is an asset to any club. Kudos for you for being so smart and for still...
  5. 411ninja

Budoka, just for clarification I am probably the oldest female racer just shy of 50 and Ian (the most podiumed Senior Open competitor) is closer to 60 than 50. If we didn't want to race 30 year olds we would have nothing to compete in except the Seniors Open! As a competitor I feel very...
  6. 411ninja

To what end? If you look at the results of the Seniors Open it is not the 35 to 39 crowd that are consistently on the podium for this race. I just don't see the advantage to shrinking this grid.
  7. 411ninja

The system is set up to help novices learn racing procedures and race safely. Racing is not just about speed it is about racing responsibly and in a controlled manner. If a racer is having trouble getting out of novice they need to look at the amount of times they are crashing or having...
  8. 411ninja

Successful round one - thanks!

Thanks exec for a super first round. The improvements are great and much appreciated. Can't wait for round 2! Also congrats to all the exec on their great weekends, there was some crowd pleasing races out there!
  9. 411ninja

2019 Rule Change Discussion

It already is.
  10. 411ninja

On a different note, by changing the order of the sessions, it may be possible to tighten up the rotation. Letting a slower group out after a faster group means the new group can get on track sooner because there is no fear of them catching up to the group leaving the track. Race control can let...
  11. 411ninja

A race restart is a race restart - anything from the 1st race is wiped clean. You are adding a penalty to a race from a race that doesn't count. Currently If the race is a running order restart then the jumpstart is applied and that person has to start 3 riders back in the running order.
  12. 411ninja

Letter of resignation

This really made me laugh...and I expect you to pull me around. You have to share that speed you found!
  13. 411ninja

Letter of resignation

To all members of the EMRA Please accept this message as a formal resignation as Vice-President and Director of the EMRA effective as of the 2018 AGM. It has been a honor to work with people who put so much of their time and effort into running this club. I have given considerable thought...
  14. 411ninja

New Award for 2018- Most Outstanding Racer

It just didn't seem polite to have people think we weren't being responsive.
  15. 411ninja

New Award for 2018- Most Outstanding Racer

Thanks guys. It's been done.
  16. 411ninja

Volunteer needs ride

I have a volunteer in Edmonton who can get anywhere in the city but not out to the track. If you can give him a ride for tomorrow his number is 780-710-6917. Thanks!
  17. 411ninja

Pit layout/parking

If you have spectators coming to watch you race it would be great if you could tell them to park in the large gravel parking lot and walk over. As a club we have grown and we need all of our allotted area for pits.They can pay the EMRA fee at the main Castrol gate. I don't consider the reserved...
  18. 411ninja

Dunlop tires (Get your A$$ on Dunlop July Sale) $380.00/set

Yes please Mike - I like the results the Dunlops gave me last round ;) I felt really confident on them.
  19. 411ninja

Dunlop tires (Get your A$$ on Dunlop July Sale) $380.00/set

Mike is this just for slicks or rain tires too? I will take a set of 180s.