Search results

1. T

Getting started with EMRA

One good source for gear is Canadasmotorcycle.ca I'm thrifty, and try to purchase last year's colour scheme gear and reduced prices. i.e. at the start of this year I bought a Bell Star helmet for about 45% off retail because it was an ugly colour. My head is pretty near and dear to me, so I...
  2. T

Getting started with EMRA

Hi Steve, I started racing with the EMRA in 2014, so hopefully I can give you some insight into making the plunge. When I took the race school in 2014, like you I rode on the street, but I had never ridden a bike on any track. Although EMRA school is great and the instructors work to...
  3. T

Big Thanks!

My wife mentioned that there was another rider in the ER, hope you're not too banged up. My mind was still in another zip code at that point. Bit of a gap, last thing at the track I remember was talking to Greg about his new tires after the first session, then I was in the CT scanner. Didn't...
  4. T

Big Thanks!

I like to thank the volunteers and racers that helped me and my family out this weekend after my crash in saturday's practice session. This is a great club and an awesome group of people that I'm proud to be a part of! The little crash in the chicane broke the L5 vertebrae in my back, so I'm...
  5. T

Organizing pit spaces

I totally agree! With a 6+ hour trip back home with the RV, I'm guilty of leaving the track after my last race and before teardown. I do like the idea of a lotto, or possibly a fee, payable to the club for better camping/pit spots for people staying overnight. Keep in mind that we are...
  6. T

Organizing pit spaces

If we can park all the rv's abour half track, build a ramp and see if the funny cars can clear em', I'm all for parking on the dragstrip.
  7. T

Organizing pit spaces

Keeping the overnighters to the south, away from the drags amf circle track would be fantastic.
  8. T

Race school update

I'm making the trek west for friday and sunday, so I am available Saturday and can lend a hand. Please let me know if there are any additonal volunteers needed Saturday.
  9. T

Novice Race Essentials

Hi Glen, I started racing last year with zero track time. In addition to the bike related items posted by others, I would add that a tent(even a cheapy walmart jobbie), big cooler and a nice comfy chair should be on your list. Not big ticket items, but it definitely makes a rainy or hot day...
  10. T

late to track day?

Edit: won't be able to make it tonight. RV troubles. Hi all! Is there a deadline for admission for this evenings track attack? Im an hour east of Edmonton with a flat dual. Thanks, Tristan
  11. T

spares for the tool kit

Thanks for the info. Wheres the best place to source a bolt kit?
  12. T

spares for the tool kit

Hi all, I've got the bike and the rider all tuned up and in shape for the race school. I'm working on putting together a decent set of tools and spares for pit equipment for the season. What kind of spare parts for the bike would be a good idea to have at the track? I would assume all the...
  13. T

Good Campsites or RV parks near Castrol

Great! Thanks for the info. TR
  14. T

Good Campsites or RV parks near Castrol

Hi All, I'm gearing up for my first season with EMRA. I'm planning on driving my RV out on the race weekends as it's cheaper than paying for hotels and meals. Any recommendations on either campgrounds or RV parks that are ok to stay at and reasonably close to Castrol? So far I've found the...
  15. T

Race Number Reserve List (2014)

My name is Tristan Ransom, 2014 will be my first year racing with EMRA. I'm signed up for the school. Can I reserve RED 77?
  16. T

Questions about getting started with EMRA

Great info. I took the plunge and signed up for the school, so I'll definitely be on the hunt for a machine for this summer. TR
  17. T

As far as my expectations or goals for a first season, although I'm a very competive person, I have realistic expectations for any rookie season. Staying out of trouble and improving would be my goals. I would be more inclined to spend enough money to get a reliable machine thats...
  18. T

Thanks for the info. I don't have much of a clue when it comes to the used race bike market ,what sort of price/year range should I be looking for for a good used race machine?
  19. T

Thanks for all the replies! I figured starting out with a larger bike would be getting in over my head, but I guess a 6' fat guy on a little bike isn't optimal either lol. I do have a yz450f, but I would prefer to keep it setup for the woods, I'll keep an eye out for a 600 sportbike or a 650...
  20. T

Hello all, I have been thinking about getting involved in two wheeled racing for a while and I am seriously considering getting my feet wet this year. Little bit of background about myself, I'm in Saskatoon and I've been involved in local auto racing of some sort or another for the last...