09 600RR motor needs fixing

flashpoint

So was changing the oil in the dedicated track bike (09 600RR ABS) and it had coolant in the oil ... ballz. Coolant was sitting on top of the oil not really mixed in well (if that really matters). Looked at the service manual ... umm nope not happening.

So who should I take it to? Is it worth fixing? would it just be cheaper to buy a new motor? (my street bike/*for now track bike is an 07 so that makes this bike spare parts).

Edit: probably helps if I say I live in edmonton.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
how long has it been sitting before you changed the oil? did you run it for a few minutes before starting it?

Condensation build up is normal and would leave the milky residue in the bike, it should go away after you run the bike for a few minutes.
If not, you may have a bigger problem. Best of luck!

flashpoint

how long has it been sitting before you changed the oil? did you run it for a few minutes before starting it?

Condensation build up is normal and would leave the milky residue in the bike, it should go away after you run the bike for a few minutes.
If not, you may have a bigger problem. Best of luck!

It's been sitting for a while since I've been stealing parts for the street bike. Heres the drain pan 99% sure something bad happened. It came out a normal ish brown, slowly turned green. Now just need to find someone to fix the motor.

Attachments

• IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    928.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    734.8 KB · Views: 31

the_fornicator

Not sure what tosh's handle is on here, but try to hunt him down. 2 black. He does this for side jobs and is familiar with Hondas.

the_fornicator

fast316 (jon bullee -also an exec member) does these kinds (jesus, I just spelled, "kids") of side jobs as well, but apparently his wrist is injured from profuse masturbation so he's not able to for a bit.

Check out the facebook group, "Edmonton Motorcycle Support Group". Tosh created it and is on there often.