2005 SV650/677 >>> SOLD

tcasey87

SOLD

We have not ridden or raced this bike.

Words from the ad placed by the fellow I bought the bike from:

2005 SV650 with 677 big bore engine. I (the previous owner) used this bike last year for one raceday (2 races) and two trackdays. I (the previous owner) got the bike last year with a stock engine and bought the engine out of the USA from a builder by the name of Ben Probst, here are the details on the engine from the builders for sale add:

This motor has one race weekend and two track days since brand new build. This motor is the same as all 2mm motors I build, they are proven, fast, and reliable. It has 2mm JE race pistons. Carillo A beam rods. Crank balanced for piston rod weight by Spears. Undercut transmission, intake cam swap. Full ported and polished heads with new valves at build date. Aftermarket heavy duty valve springs. All bearings and parts replaced on a fresh set of cases at build date. Low mile crank. Cylinders cryo treated.

Motor incudes lightened flywheel and bored throttle bodies. This motor produced a consistent 87hp with a monster 55ft lbs of torque on pump gas. On race fuel it's solidly over 90 and 57 ft lbs of torque. This thing is a beast and fresh. Price to build this with throttle bodies and machine work would have you approaching 4500 dollars quickly

[Previous owner]: All totaled the engine has 2 race weekends and 4 trackdays. It runs smooth and strong. We had it on the dyno when the engine was swapped and it was 82-83hp on pump gas with minimal tuning.

[end of previous owner's words]

Bike comes with the following:

Woodcraft clip-ons
Woodcraft rearsets
Woodcraft frame sliders
Vortex fairing stay
Vortex gas cap
SS braided front and rear brake lines
Race Tech emulators
Ohlins shock
Hindle full exhaust system (Can is in rough shape)
DynoJet Power Commander III USB
520 conversion with Vortex sprockets
Armour Bodies bodywork
Front and rear stands

It appears that the subframe on the bike is from 2003. have read that some people like the higher seat height.
The bike came with several subframes (2nd 2003, 2004+ stock, 2004+ racing). The seat appears to be from 2004. Have arranged to buy a 2003 seat, which will be included in the purchase

Attachments

• red bike.JPG
    red bike.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

tcasey87

Gixxer60-0 >> Sorry, not interested in trading for another race bike. We have too many already. Might be interested in discussing trade for dual sport, eg. DRZ 400 SM w set of dirt tires, or BMW f800gs

tcasey87

Depending on price negotiated, included will be a spare set of rims with rain tires mounted.
The rain tires are older. Not sure of the shelf life of rain tires.